• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anti-Theft device for XJs

relay between the headlight circuit and the starter relay circuit. headlights then would have to be turned on to start it.

not going to keep people out but it will keep the jeep from dissapearing overnight.

Thanks,sounds like you can buy them that will automatically turn on when the cars off and off when the cars on? which is kind of weird consider if you run into a ignition wire its only Hot when the ignition is on?

I don't understand it exactly ether but I think the wire going to the ignition would turn the led off when you start it.
Sounds confusing.
You could always wire the led to a switch that you kick on when you park.
And 1 led light would not take near enough power to drain the battery.
You just have to make sure you get a flashing led to look like an alarm.

In my buggy I have a factory ignition switch to unlock/lock the steering wheel ( does nothing else ), and then a battery disconnect switch with a removable key....then a push button for the starter.

The wiring would be easy to have it power up with the ignition off and off when the ignition is on. Install a relay whose coil is powered by the "run/start" line and use the Normally Closed contacts. That way, when the ignition is on, the relay operates opening the contacts and shutting off the device. With the ignition off, the relay shuts down and continuity is made through the NC contacts.

Easy-peasy...

Keep it looking like crap. Nobody notices my jeep. :)

I tried that. It hasn't been washed in years, rust forming, no wheel flares, pretty cracked front windshield. Tinted windows. A bunch of crap all of the inside. Stock tape deck with tapes strewn all over. Obvious dirt on the dash.
3 beautiful stock clean XJs on my block, and they chose the lifted dirty rust bucket.
:doh:

Mine actually came with lo jack and one of those electronic keys under the steering wheel that I can pull and it kills the ignition. But I never take it out so it does do me much good.

I have thought about lo jack.
Can I get a lo jack system that replaces my stering wheel air bag with a shot gun? Key ignition without do hicky will fire the shot gun if my XJ is started without the dohicky... or something. :looney:

I have thought about lo jack.
Can I get a lo jack system that replaces my stering wheel air bag with a shot gun? Key ignition without do hicky will fire the shot gun if my XJ is started without the dohicky... or something. :looney:

Just don't forget to turn off the alarm on those Monday mornings when you are half asleep. Lol:dunno:

We had a mustang come in at work that, to start it, you would have to trunk key to on position then, put your finger on a hidden screw then touch the cigarette lighter that made the accessories trunk on then you could start it. Which I would absolutely love to fond out how it is done! In my neighborhood our vehicles have been messed with a couple of times.

Why not just get an alarm system? My alarm goes off if someone tries to open the door too aggresively or even bumps it. Hell I've set the alarm off closing the hood. Once the alarm goes off, you can't start the Jeep. My key fob also chirps when the alarm goes off.

Why not just get an alarm system? My alarm goes off if someone tries to open the door too aggresively or even bumps it. Hell I've set the alarm off closing the hood. Once the alarm goes off, you can't start the Jeep. My key fob also chirps when the alarm goes off.

What kind of alarm is that? And where can I get one like that? Sounds like what I want.

Would love for an alarm to go off when someone touches the door handle, or even the Jeep. It should at least go off if the window is broken. And if I can get some sort of communication on my cell or key ring that it is going off, that would be a plus. And not starting when alarm is on would be great too.

My alarm is,also a viper. Model number 3303. My jeep was broken into twice. Got the alarm and they have left it alone.

Interesting... I just checked out the Viper Web Site and got a very nifty pop up stating that the warranty is void if the system is not purchased from and installed by an authorized retailer.

That's a tad controlling.

The systems do look inpressive though with the Smart Phone interface.

Spendy too...

Interesting... I just checked out the Viper Web Site and got a very nifty pop up stating that the warranty is void if the system is not purchased from and installed by an authorized retailer.

That's a tad controlling.

The systems do look inpressive though with the Smart Phone interface.

Spendy too...

The prices that are listed on the website are about what it will be if you have it installed at a retailer, I was able to get my set up new for around a hundred.

Back