• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another shock question

crazymaci

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, done lots of reading and searching, time for a humans touch. I installed an RE 4.5" lift new stuff. With bar pin eliminators,1" minus on the shocks.(though I did 4.5" rear springs and I talked to RE today and they said they do 3.5" spring and 1" shackle) the rear rides high and I may have to shim for pinion angle, ads 1/2". So my ? Is what part # bilstein a do I run? they have a shock for 4" of lift and a shock for 5-6" lift. The 4" is cutting it close but the other seems close for being to long.
Front 24-188197 and rear 33-066868 is 4" of lift
Front 24-185943 and rear 33-151663 is 5-6"
My shocks and my discos are off and I jacked up each end to get a measurement for the shock length, and the new stuff don't flex for shit.
Just sitting I got 20" in the front and 21" in the rear.(with BPE's)
Front flexed at max is 17" and 21 1/2"
Rear was 19 1/2" and 22.5"
These numbers are of course in the garage, real world adds more inches,sooooo
My question is what are you guys with 4.5" of lift and 5100s running? What part numbers?
2000,4.5",auto,d44 HPd30 f&r lockers lotsa goodies

if you want a quick answer... i would run the shocks RE calls out for the lift you installed. i had the RE 4.5" superflex kit and eventually added things to it (bar pin eliminators, control arm drop brackets, shackle relocation, etc...). i had the shocks on for almost the entire time.

I went withe the 4.5" suggested shocks, I was not looking where to buy them. All due respect to serious off-road , I got them off Amazon for 250$ shipped to my door.i do and have suppoerted the vendors on this site, however I will lean to the guys that own their own shop and manufacture their shit in doors vs somebody that wholesales from a catalog and marks it up 30%. I'm a single income household with 2 little kids and it takes along time to get free funds, like my xj has been on stands for 10months. EVERY dollar counts. I was just looking for advice.

I went withe the 4.5" suggested shocks, I was not looking where to buy them. All due respect to serious off-road , I got them off Amazon for 250$ shipped to my door.i do and have suppoerted the vendors on this site, however I will lean to the guys that own their own shop and manufacture their shit in doors vs somebody that wholesales from a catalog and marks it up 30%. I'm a single income household with 2 little kids and it takes along time to get free funds, like my xj has been on stands for 10months. EVERY dollar counts. I was just looking for advice.

That whole post made you sound like a douche...there was absolutely no need for any of it. Grow up.

You must be really proud of the zero customer support you will get buying automotive parts off of amazon incase one of your shocks fail early :eyes:

I guess that is what all of the cool kids do these days...

Back