• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another new product offering from BWE! Comp Shackles!

For an MJ guy running stock shackles yet, what is the center to center length of these?

Do you know how much lift these would net on a MJ? And how performance is on an MJ as well?

Can I pick up from you at the shop?

PM'd ya.

Do you know how much lift these would net on a MJ? And how performance is on an MJ as well?

They are considered "1.5" lift shackles with a 6.5" C to C

We honestly haven't tested them on an MJ yet so I couldn't say. However the performance should be the same as the XJ really.

Got the shackles a few days ago. So beefy. Will be installing in the next week.

How tight do i need to preload the joint? I ran it down flush with the housing lip. Seems pretty good with no grease in it. When i grease them on install im sure they will loosen up a bit. Should i re tighten them once they are greased and installed?

Got the shackles a few days ago. So beefy. Will be installing in the next week.

How tight do i need to preload the joint? I ran it down flush with the housing lip. Seems pretty good with no grease in it. When i grease them on install im sure they will loosen up a bit. Should i re tighten them once they are greased and installed?

:guitar:

Honestly "snug" should be plenty. The ball should be hard to move around by hand in other words. I would check them again after driving on them for a bit, but more than likely they'll be fine.

Back