• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another new product offering from BWE! Comp Shackles!

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
We are now accepting pre-orders for our new XJ Comp Shackles!

We're offering them in 3 different variations:

Complete welded set: $185 Shipped
DIY Fabricators kit with Ballistic Fab joints: $110 Shipped
DIY Fabricators kit without Joints: $35 Shipped

*Hardware and spanner wrench available for additional cost as well*

Click here to order:

http://www.boostwerksengineering.com/BWE-Comp-Shackles-_p_24.html

Product Description:

Utilizing Ballistic Fab's fantastic 2.63" flex joint at the chassis, the shackles are now free of any lateral bind and can move with the natural arc of the leaf spring. This relieves the torsional stress placed on the uni-body as well as the main leaf during suspension movement. The primary benefits of this are a substantially more supple rear suspension, along with more effective droop or "weight transfer" at the rear tires. The flex gains are similar to a "revolver" type shackle but without the drawbacks of sudden unloading and wheel hop.

They will provide 1.5" of lift over stock, and are "boomeranged" to provide additional clearance at the chassis. They will work with the factory shackle mounts, although shackle relocation boxes are highly recommended to really gain the benefits these shackles offer.

Due to the width difference of the Joints and the factory shackles, shimming will be required using the provided 9/16" washers to center the shackle in the mount. This is very easy to do and does not compromise the strength of the assembly provided the bolt is torqued down properly.

Components are CNC cut and formed from 1/4" Plate.

Complete shackles, and DIY kits come bare (no paint).

Thanks for looking! We'll have more soon as well :cheers:
Bryson

These are awesome. I might have to buy a set!

Do you have any videos or pictures of these things in action?

Here are some pictures from testing. The shocks are severely limiting the up travel however, so it doesn't really show the full potential of the shackle. I'll be going to 14" shocks here soon with through the floor brackets.

Overall, I'm very happy with the results. I think we'll try out an even longer shackle at some point as well to try and take advantage of the stiffer leaf packs on the market. :D

Enjoi

This picture shows the shackle being allowed to rotate instead of just twisting the leaf spring...

these are sweet i know what im ordering when i re-do the shackles on my xj along with relocation brackets...and if by then you come up with some sweet through the floor shock towers you will have a loyal customer....

these are sweet i know what im ordering when i re-do the shackles on my xj along with relocation brackets...and if by then you come up with some sweet through the floor shock towers you will have a loyal customer....

:thumbup:

We're waiting on a brand new CNC press brake to show up for the rear shock towers among other things. I have a couple hundred hours of engineering work into them alone, so they will be badass for sure!

Just got these in the mail. Can't wait to install them, and will report back in a week how they do being bagged down terrible gravel roads for 1000km.

Bump! Several sets available!

If you are looking for a new supplier for your shackles check out metalcloaks duraflex joints

That's exactly what I'm planning actually. :) I love ballistic's product, but every order I've placed has been screwed up in some fashion. They're service has been absolutely horrible as well, which is unfortunate. I think everyone was hoping the restructuring would solve their issues.

Back