• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another aussie question

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
alright so i installed an aussie in my d30 last week. i went to test it out in some dirt and everything worked fine. i shifted out of 4 wheel drive and got back on the road and the locker still seemed to be engaged. the steering was all crazy and was pulling the opposite way i turned and so forth. it then disengaged a minute or so later and all was fine. i went to test it again today and the same thing happened. is this normal or what?

2001 auto lp30

It usually takes mine 100-200 feet for the t-case to disengage from 4 wheel drive. You just notice it now because of the locker up front.

You sure you got everything right when you installed it? Sounds like it is hanging up. Do you hear any noise from it when it is doing this?

1985xjlaredo said:
You sure you got everything right when you installed it? Sounds like it is hanging up. Do you hear any noise from it when it is doing this?

im almost positive i did everything right. i took lots of time and followed the directions and write ups closely. if i remember correctly i think it only makes noises when im trying to turn, but it doesnt seem like anything out of the ordinary or anything. what cobra said makes sense though because it does disengage after a short while.

I get the same thing from my 4x4, I don't believe its an Aussie problem, but a t-case not dis-engaging thing.
I (while stopped) shift into 2wd, tranny into R then D I it shifts out of 4x4 everytime.
If moving I'll shift to 2wd, than to N, rev it a bit, then into D and that usually works.
Thats on my 97 with 242, auto.

Yep its normal. Just stop first and put the tranny in Nuetral then shift into 2 wd and it usually works. The more you use it the easier it will get. I run Red Line high temp ATF in my t case and that seemed to help A LOT.

Back