• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Am I being unreasonable?

MONSTERxbla

NAXJA Forum User
I recently decided to purchase some products from a company which I won't name. My first order was shipped out the next day and I was happy with all aspects of the experience. I decided to order some more parts from them about a week later. I called to ask a few questions and ended up just ordering over the phone. I asked for a copy of the order to be emailed to me. Thinking the shipping would be similar, I called a week later to check status. I was told they were waiting on an item. I asked if they could just ship what they had and ship the other part when it arrived and I would pay the shipping on that item additionally. When I got the shipment I found really sloppy packaging. But the parts that they were wanting for were there, but some stub shafts were not. I called and was told they would ship out the shafts. After closer inspection I found once of the spindles looked as it had been clamped in a vice. , I was still missing some studs, and had two bags of seals which had been opened. I then noticed that I was charged $139.90 (x2) for an item their website shows as $89.90(x2). Question is, am I being unreasonable to just want to send everything back, eat the shipping, but not pay a 30% restocking fee? The total order was $1250.

Sounds fair to me. Actually, you want my opinion...they should eat the shipping and the restock fees. If a company is in business and cannot satisfy reasonable expectations from a customer, then they should pay the price for that. If that drives them out of business then its their own fault.

seems like youre being pretty reasonable. i would take pictures of the packaging if you have it and the part that looks messed up from a vice, send them to the company, and ask them to explain and/or take pack their parts for a full refund and not charge you anything additional for taking it all off your hands. also be sure to point out the price discrepancy as well.

30% in any case is pretty high. I thought I was high at 25%, but thats what most manufactures charge and when you do 90% drop shipping, you kinda have to stick to that. But in your case, its a hard call. I can see it 100% from a vendor stand point, but as a customer you dont always get that point of view.

Reason I do drop ship though is to eliminate any of that BS. 99% of my product comes from a Outstanding support company that I have yet to have one issue like that. And thats why I stick with them. With how many vendors and manufacture/suppliers there are, and with how the economy is (its really getting better but still slower for companies like ours), you really have to shine. If you want continued business.

Hope they take care of you, and in a timely fashion.

Hmmm...maybe we should start charging a re-stock fee...at least to cover the initial free shipping. Oh well.......

I recently decided to purchase some products from a company which I won't name. My first order was shipped out the next day and I was happy with all aspects of the experience. I decided to order some more parts from them about a week later. I called to ask a few questions and ended up just ordering over the phone. I asked for a copy of the order to be emailed to me. Thinking the shipping would be similar, I called a week later to check status. I was told they were waiting on an item. I asked if they could just ship what they had and ship the other part when it arrived and I would pay the shipping on that item additionally. When I got the shipment I found really sloppy packaging. But the parts that they were wanting for were there, but some stub shafts were not. I called and was told they would ship out the shafts. After closer inspection I found once of the spindles looked as it had been clamped in a vice. , I was still missing some studs, and had two bags of seals which had been opened. I then noticed that I was charged $139.90 (x2) for an item their website shows as $89.90(x2). Question is, am I being unreasonable to just want to send everything back, eat the shipping, but not pay a 30% restocking fee? The total order was $1250.
Hell no you are not being unreasonable, i cant stand vendors like that, especially on somewhat of a spendy purchase on your behalf.

i think ur being to nice. if it were me id blast their name all over this forum so no one else gets dicked around.

Back