• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alright just did u joints in rear drive shaft but nasty vibration still happens?

Maybe you damaged the yoke as you were trying to press out the u-joint? This happened to me when I finally decided to replace the u-joint after 80k miles. It was the biggest explosion sound when the hydraulic press finally pushed the u-joint out. All that pressure to press out the u-joint deforming the "ears" of my yoke beyond repair. Once these "ears" are deformed, then your centerline is completely off, causing the vibration.

Alright this is what I have found, first off I know its not the fds cause I don't have one. Second I know my motor mounts are bad and my trans mount doesn't look the best, its soaked in oil (yep found an oil leak too) and looks distorted. Also this this was happening before I got the new u joints pressed in. My leaf springs were alright but once I got those blocks on it did make the leafs sag a bit. I haven't looked at the diff id but my jeep didn't come with a factory tow package someone had one installed later. Thank you for all your help. I guess I need to start saving and start replacing.

Back