• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alldata vs FSM or something like that?

they are the publishing company that prints the FSMs

Good. I wouldn't want somebody spending a pocketful of money expecting a FSM and getting someone's wet dream of a Haynes/Chilton on steroids.

SleeperXJ is right.

Joe is right.

ehall is right- that is the Chrysler printers for Dealers shops.
(About as Mopar as it gets!!)

That Techauthority is THE FSM's. Some of the early years are sparse availability and they have Paper and CD s so be careful when ordering.

Last edited:
I have both and use both. Not all of the information is word for word from the FSM. I like the service bulletins and the fixes with AllData. You also get the estimated hours that the tech is supposed to take for the job. I like the search function and frequently zoom in on a pic and print it. If I had to choose only one I'd go with the FSM.

Just picked up a full-line service manual (YJ, XJ, MJ) for my 91. It's showing up in the mail sometime this week or next. I can't wait :D

Just picked up a full-line service manual (YJ, XJ, MJ) for my 91. It's showing up in the mail sometime this week or next. I can't wait :D

Great, have fun. You can go to Alldata's website and do a search for your vehicle's Technical Service Bulletins (and recalls, I think). You'll just get the titles but not the fixes without subscribing, but the info can be helpful.

My vehicle specific factory service manual ('97XJ) is the best manual I have ever seen. It was apparently written by people whose first language is english and the drawings are first rate. I also have Haynes and Chilton manuals...can't have too much info.

X2 on getting the FSM (CD or Ebay). i haven't had the opportunity to use Alldata, but i have heard they are great.

For year specific vehicle info though without recurring charges, you can't beat the FSM. I was Very lucky, i picked up the Main one (body/engine/suspension) as well as one of the secondary (electrical) manuals for my 93' for $40 shipped off ebay:)

still have my haynes to reference quick and easy stuff as well as just another data point.

Back