• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Utah XJ's going to Moab 20yr event please read

I agree, that is my vote. Like I said I just got out of the Uintas last weekend been up there photographing the lighting storms and came across some real nice alpine meadows at 9,500ft. I would be real happy to lead a bunch of us up there, nice place for camping. Reason I would choose Uintas is it's alot cooler there in the day. We would go through Kamas and then up and over to Cold springs (about 1.5 hours away) but worth the drive. I would like to shoot for the first weekend of September 5-7th or when ever you want to leave. We can meet in Kamas late friday or early saturday morning in front of Dick's drive thru. Dick's is located on the mirror lake road just before the high school on your left. If this seems to work I will post this on the unofficail trail runs and get the ball rolling. Now I still think we should make an effort to look out for each other at Moab and see if we can squeek in a run together. Reply ASAP on the date and give me a time you think will work best. Thanks

I'm flexible on weekends so 5th-7th of Sept sounds good to me. I havn't been to the Uintas for so long, that would be excellent.

xjblue(Jared)

We need to decide which date the meeting will be held. I could come up during the day on the 6th but would have to be home that evening.

I'm pretty flakey nowadays, due to improptu trips for my job search. If you guys set a date, I'll see if I can get there.

How about the morning of the 6th then? I'm okay with that so long as we don't get back too late.

Alright, then it is the 6th of September that we will have our first meeting regarding the Utah chapter. Since it looks like some of you have to get home early and want to meet on the 6th lets meet in the Wasatch range @ Tibble fork res. We can do what we did on our first unofficial trail run, Forest lake and mineral basin. It is fun enough for all level rigs and the only place that unmodified XJ's would have to stop is at the rock garden. Same time @9:00am in the parking lot. As I did last time, I will have a drawing for those who show up. I know we have all been up there a thousand times, but it is close and I want to see Mbryson kiss his tranny pan again on that big house boulder he tried to get over. See you all there I will post this in the unofficial trail run for all to see.

climbon said:
Alright, then it is the 6th of September that we will have our first meeting regarding the Utah chapter. Since it looks like some of you have to get home early and want to meet on the 6th lets meet in the Wasatch range @ Tibble fork res. We can do what we did on our first unofficial trail run, Forest lake and mineral basin. It is fun enough for all level rigs and the only place that unmodified XJ's would have to stop is at the rock garden. Same time @9:00am in the parking lot. As I did last time, I will have a drawing for those who show up. I know we have all been up there a thousand times, but it is close and I want to see Mbryson kiss his tranny pan again on that big house boulder he tried to get over. See you all there I will post this in the unofficial trail run for all to see.

:D..........probably won't kiss the tranny pan again >>>>>>:D

i just moved to utah from georgia, and hopefully i'll show up early in the week, maybe for the majority of the time. my dad is flying in sometime that week, and he wants to come too. i'm not sure if we'll be camping or if we'll get a hotel. i'll register when i get my phone line hooked up at home. hopefully tomorrow. --grant b

The 6th of September it is. Since many of you have to be back early Wasatch range sound the best. Lets meet where we did on our first one, Tibble fork res. @9:30am in the parking lot. We can run up to Forest lake and Mineral basin. I know we have all been up there a thousand times but it is close and fun for all levels of rigs. I'll give away another drawing for those who show up. I will go ahead and post it in the unofficial runs for all to see if that is cool with you guys. Thanks Keith

So where is that Unofficial trail runs thread Keith? I'm tired of lame excuses for not making it on a trail run (Hear that XJEEPER?!!!) So count me in on the 6th at Tibble. Oh, by the way, I will have something for the "raffle" as well. No, it is not a Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 like last time. If we are going to actually come together on a local chapter this time, we need more participation. No bailing out on Friday at Midnight. Also, we should do EITHER Forest Lake OR Mineral. It was a long day last time. I suggest Forest Lake because the basin can get awfully crowded on a Saturday.

David B said:
If we are going to actually come together on a local chapter this time, we need more participation. No bailing out on Friday at Midnight.

That's harsh David, I was pumped to go, working on the xj at midnight and finding more problems is no fun at all. I'll be there too, for sure, and I'll do Mineral Basin and Forest Lake, we did it a few wks ago, (BigJoe, me, and a tj) and it didn't take that long.

All you guys have to go out to Rattlesnake and Constrictor sometime it is a blast.

I can do both trails if I don't bring my son. He can get cranky after too long a day. Hopefully this time we won't get stuck behind a big crowd of drunk Suzuki Owners again. Also, I remember that one guy in the XJ trying to get all four tires off the ground with the help of a rock, I think he was High! J/K Marc! What do you think BYUXJ? Should we leave the women and children home to do something together and we go conquer some rocks?

Keep in mind that we will make some introductions and give you Utah folks, and any other state for that matter, a chance to meet briefly after the program on Friday night. So, if you're just coming for the weekend, be sure to get there Friday night.

i just moved from georgia to logan a week ago, but i'll be there. my dad should be flying in the week before, and we'll be doing easy wheeling early in the week, then joining up with the naxja folks thursday or so. we'll be staying at a hotel probably, since my dad volunteered to pay, and we'll be camping for a few days prior to the event. can't wait to see y'all there.

-grant

XJEEPER said:
Maybe some intros in Moab and wheeling with whoever can make it and then a post-Moab Wasatch or Uintah run as a more official planning event?

Remember this suggestion? I just keep trying to cram too much crap into a weekend and I knew that it would be a struggle for me make a run prior to the NAXJA Oct event. (Shut up Dave!) I'm out for the 6th........let me know how it goes.
See ya'll in Moab and I'll plan a post-Moab run.....and yes, I will be present at that run! :moon:

My self and Dr.Moab will be there the 8 thru the 13. I don't know, but we may be staying out near Poison Spyder Mesa trail head.

Sweet avatar BigBear! How'd ya do that? Speaking of Dr. Moab... I gotta call him on those tow hooks! I am gonna do it right now.... number...hummmmmm.....ahhh found it!

Back