• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Utah XJ's going to Moab 20yr event please read

JeepXJ92 said:
Everybody is posting what camp site they are in.
When I reserved mine they didn't tell me.
How do I find out? Do I just call 'em or does it say somewhere on the confirmation card?

They didn't tell you Scott? Must be locating you at the "special" sites, downwind of the latrines.............;)

well, at least I won't have to walk far for the little boys room!
I am gonna call tomorrow and see where the heck i am. I wanna be close to "the in crowd"! It will be nice being close to everybody else so when you have to tow my butt off the rock, you can just tow me back to camp without going outta your way! hehehe!!!!!:angel:

Looks like thursday October 9th would be a good day for all the Utah XJ owners to meet somewhere to find out who we all are. Are there any suggestions on a place and time?. My idea on a place and time will be 10:00 am in front of "little or baby lion's back" just on left side of road and before the main parking lot for slick rock state park mountain bike trails. Please lets have some feedback on this. If we really want to move forward with a Utah NAXJA chapter in this great state, I think it would help first by meeting each other in person. What better place and event to do this at. We have had some great trail runs in the past I would like to see that grow with all XJ owners through out the state not just inside the Wasatch front. We have plenty of time to pull this off so what do you all think? let's hear it. Thanks

Although there aren't any official trail runs listed for Thurs., I'm sure that many will be out on unofficial short runs before the show n shine.( Ask me how I know....) We'll have time to hook up in the afternoon at the park, and we can get the Utah Chapter planning underway. Thanks for staying on top of this.

I'll look for your flag........;)

Take notes for me huh? I may be there but prolly not.....

What time dose the show and shine start at? and what would be a good time in the afternoon to hook up at the state park. Thanks

Why not do a short, Utah guys run on Thursday and meet and greet at lunch? I'm not sure when the show and shine is, we wouldn't want to miss that. I can't believe there is no Hells Revenge group run this year, probably because the group will be so huge. But, we could always do that one so we'll be close to town. I'll be getting in late Wednesday and I don't really want to wait until Friday to do a trail.

I am up for Hell's revenge, one of my favorites. I will be up there early to register but we can meet and greet then hit hell's revenge and do lunch before or after? and discuss a chapter. I want to see the show and shine but any time for hell's revenge is good with me on Thursday.

Does someone have a secure web site to maybe post cell #'s?
when we get in, we can call whoever and hook up and find everybody?
I know there are a couple Hams going down we could hook up on a repeater but not everybody likes to carry around an HT.

Especially where we are all coming in at different times, I would rather not drive all over town lookin' for people.

Just a thought......

That is a good idea. We still have plenty of time to figure out time and place for a Hell's revenge run on Thursday. With the trail run being close to the entrance gate of the state park it should be easy to find each other. We just need to find a time to meet there on Thursday. I will be camping in the state park so I can get there any time to help collect people as they come in. Just look for the Utah state flag and I'll be kicking it below. So is the show and shine all day, morning or evening. Let's get a time set soon and I will be there. Thanks

Hey Everyone,
Looking forward to meeting you all. Think it is a great idea to start a Utah Chapter. Will be there 6th thru 12th staying at the Landmark Hotel. Look for us in our 85 XJ w/ alcan front and rear springs w/ utah flag. Sounds like a great idea for the trial ride on thursday. What do you think about setting up a CB channel?

Throttle Boy

You name the channel we will set it. I also wanted to say thanks for a great response from all of you. I just got back from the Uintas last weekend and found some beautiful high alpine meadows to camp on. I thought it would be fun to set up a ride that could take us back up there before the snows set in with our families and friends to hang out or even camp. We can figure it all out later, but looking forward to meeting you all too.

The show n shine and Vendor show will be Thursday afternoon around 3pm so there will be plenty of time to wheel a short trail. If we all parade into the Slickrock Bike Trail area together then plan on coughing up $5+ per rig.....unless you've already paid. The main reason for not doing the annual HR run is group size and timing of other events. We could run HR backward in the AM, have our Chapter org meeting, do HG, the Hottubs, Tipover etc and be back to town before the afternoon stuff starts. There may also be an informal run up to the Rim that morning so we could do that as a Utah group as well. As Trail Coordinator for this event, I'm not sure where I'll be needed on Thursday so I'm not being non-commital, just have to be dynamic.
:)

I like the plan very much, lets then do a morning run with a meeting after so we can high tale it over to the show n' shine. When will we know for sure about a rim run? I would do either. And how soon would we be talking about in the morning to meet for a run? XJEEPER I know your plate will be full so what ever you can come up with would be appreciated, the key is to get everyone to gel at one place at the same time.

Not to throw a twists into the topic, but it may be easier to gather the Utah herd without the many distractions that Moab offers.............we still need a fall run on the Wasatch or Uintahs, so may I suggest that we plan a run closer to home to collect our Ute clan. Maybe some intros in Moab and wheeling with whoever can make it and then a post-Moab Wasatch or Uintah run as a more official planning event? Just some food for thought......eat it if your hungry.:D

That sounds like a plan to me.
I have noticed that, like me, there are gonna be a few that aren't gonna make it till friday that would like to be part of this Utah Chapter. I think that a trail ride thru the uintas is perfect. I would like to hit the uintas once more before I have to do it on a snowmobile. (ummm...dreaming of fresh, deep powder.....) sorry my thoughts ran away from me for a minute!

I'm up with that a Uinta or Wasatch run would be better for what we are trying to accomplish and yes there would be alot of distractions. There is no question that we will run into each other at Moab and if we have time for a short run then we do it, we can chew the fat at the show n' shine. So with all of that is it Uintas or Wasatch and then what date.

Where is the "Wasatch Run"? I could go for a new trail! Uintas is nice but I like teh Idea of a new area to learn.

It's not a run I was talking about the mountain ranges, which one do we want to go into to and then find some trails.

If collecting as many Utah area XJers as possible is the goal, then let's pick a run that will allow as many as possible to attend. Hard core is always fun but we don't want to exclude anyone so it should be a run that stockers won't feel intimidated. I'd like to explore areas of the Uinta range that offer some wheeling, camping and scenery, so that's my vote.
If that's too far to drive, there's always American Fork or Providence/Millville Canyons.

Now, who knows a place, what's the drive time from the Wasatch Front, and what's the date?

Back