• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Again.....what is a "REAL XJ"?

My "real xj" will be in Moab...

utupuqyt.jpg

You're taking two wheel drive to a new level.

The way I see it, if it came from the factory as an xj, its still an xj. We are all here because we drive cherokees and love everything about them. So now, we think we need to say "oh, I have a real xj cause it still has doors and a hatch" when the guys with an exocage, no doors, no windsheild, and boatsides will say that a stock xj isn't being used to its full potential. Lets not segregate amongst ourselves. We are a rare breed that is possionate about a small suv that was never designed to take us the places that we go but they always do and we find a way to always get them back home. We aren't the typical "jeepers" that buy a wrangler and take the doors off and wave to all the other wranglers! We don't wave to each other but you can bet your ass that whenever we pass another xj, whether its a pristine stocker, set up as an expo rig, or a beat up rock crawler, that we respect one another and if we had the time, would stop and compare milage, lift set ups, tires, or if its your first xj or your fifth! So if your on this forum and drive an xj, then its a real one. Your living your dream and we are glad your here!:party:

Meh...I think the definition of what a "real" XJ is just a muddied as "what is the meaning of life"

You might get 400 answers from 400 different people...

In the end it all comes down to what THAT person wants THEIR XJ to be.

Mine ended up being a buggy...some will say that's not a "real" XJ (which I can somewhat agree with since there's all of a few pounds of the original XJ left outside the drivetrain :D)

However...I could say that other's XJ aren't "real" XJ's...since their's can't go everywhere "mine" can.

To each his own...

***This statement made with the full assertion I am planning on building another, much more "mild" XJ for camping/scenic driving/easy crap.*** :D

Bringing this back up to the surface. Now that Jeeps and parts are cheap so many people are cutting good Jeeps up and completely destroying their utility :(

For example look at what this assclown did.

158.jpg

Bringing this back up to the surface. Now that Jeeps and parts are cheap so many people are cutting good Jeeps up and completely destroying their utility :(

For example look at what this assclown did.

158.jpg

No kidding.

Go look at what the O.P. said in order to start this thread:

First, a REAL XJ has doors and a roof. You can’t keep the dust out and the heat in if you don’t have doors and a roof, so if this is what you want, fine, but you don’t have a REAL XJ. I’ve seen some nicely done rigs that have removed part of the roof and rear of the vehicle, and then finished it off to look like a crew cab pick up. I think these are REAL XJs because what they did is a very utilitarian modification. A REAL XJ also has an A/C compressor that is still used to cool air, not pump it.

Does that thing even have windows?!!

Let alone AC?

I bet that thing gets trailered all over the place too.

:looney:

No kidding.

Go look at what the O.P. said in order to start this thread:

Does that thing even have windows?!!

I'll have you know it has windows, and they are even rolled up right now.

11262085_10153538207899374_1856966722574858492_n.jpg

Let alone ACC?

Yes, but it's wired into the 'on' position, which is all part of the emergency kill switch.

I bet that thing gets trailered all over the place too.

You don't know what you're talking about. It gets driven to breakfast at the Lucerne Valley Senior Center. At least three times a year.

You don't know what you're talking about. It gets driven to breakfast at the Lucerne Valley Senior Center. At least three times a year.

:eek:

License plate?

Smog inspection?

:looney:

Back