• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aetna sat 2/16/08

The "directions" say that it is private and that you need bookings to get in. Does that mean register at the trail head or that you need to book in advance with a club ride?

Aetna isn't that bad. You just have to know people... or people who know people. We ride up there at night sometimes and that is when you want to carry. Even then, you don't run into that much trouble. You only catch grief if you look like a yup in a cute ute.

Harvo said:
Aetna isn't that bad. You just have to know people... or people who know people. We ride up there at night sometimes and that is when you want to carry. Even then, you don't run into that much trouble. You only catch grief if you look like a yup in a cute ute.

i agree harvo . it's a wild place ,but usely no big problems .

Jesus....the way you guys are talking about this place, I'm coming up with a pretty creepy picture of it...and it's reminding me of Deliverance...:eyes:

haha, that was the impression I was getting. :farmer: :pig:

I've only been to Aetna once in the last year or so(used to be a monthly thing when I was in High School) but its not bad as long as you don't do stupid stuff(like leave your stuff up there overnight or be too cocky). The last trip we took up there the only major problem we had was this big group of sidebyside atvs(Rangers, Rhinos, etc) that didn't have enough sense to get the hell out of the way. Someone would be hitting a mudhole and one of these things would run cross ways thru the middle. The guy I was riding with hit a bump going up the hill a little too hard and the 'Yota lifted the front wheel off the ground. When it came down he let it roll back about 3 feet to see what he had hit and all of the sudden we hear someone screaming at us. I looked back and there was a sidebyside about a foot off our rear bumper. The TJ with us said he cut between the vehicles coming up the hill and had almost hit us when we hit the rock. Its really a decent place to ride and even if no one in your group has been there you'll be alright and have fun. Everytime I've been theres been locals there who are more than happy to let you follow them around or offer help or advice.

Last edited:
Back