• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aetna sat 2/16/08

The Box

NAXJA Forum User
I wasn't able to meet up with the ride this past saturday so im trying to get out there this weekend. My xj and my buddys fj40 are probably going to try and head up saturday morning. If anyone is interested in meeting up let me know, the more people the better. I have never been there before so it would be great if someone who has came with us.

bring some protection. dont breakdown and leave your rig there. that place was lots of fun on sunday, but reminded me of the move mad max! hows it go, speak softly, but carry a big stick. oh yeah, be prepared to get really muddy. some holes are deeper than they look.

haha, how do you mean? I guess I have to rent that again, is that the one with kurt russell and the red grand cherokee?...great.

i would go, but i'll be working, and by the time i get off work, there'll only be two hours of light left... but enjoy! it's an awsome place, and being the weekend, there should be plenty of people to ask how to get out if you get lost...

99Cherokee said:
haha, how do you mean? I guess I have to rent that again, is that the one with kurt russell and the red grand cherokee?...great.

No...

Mel Gibson and the crazy's from Australia... Preq. to Mad Max at Thunderdome

Who run barter-town?

only that there was tons of people on quads, dirt bikes off-road vehicles of all sorts. and best of all no law enforcement officers when you get up to the butter hole. no rules.:) when your up there it feels like your in another world. just my impression. fun though. lots.

i swear i saw like 6 burned out, stripped to the bone cars and at least one stripped down 4wheeler and burned. only reminded me of mad max, dont expect to see mel. maybe zipper masks.

jeez, it sounds like trails iv been on but when you put it like that it does sound like a bad movie. In that case we would really welcome some more riders then.

i've been told you don't go up there without protection... specially if your not in a big group... but don't let that bother ya, we had a great time, and i didn't notice anything suspicious... and i agree juan, it's like another 'world'... everyone up there doin' there thing having a great time trying different lines and stuff out...

Does anyone know if Beasley Knob is open right now or did they close it?

Back