• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable track bars and short lifts

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
I am lifting my XJ about 2". This is a daily driver and camping vehicle, that's all. My track bar bushing is pretty well shot, and I want to replace the OEM track bar with an adjustable and rebuildable aftermarket unit. I like the idea of an adjustable track bar because they offer more flex, they are rebuildable, and that if I want to add more lift later I can.

My local shop has told me that the Skyjacker unit is not to be used with less than 4" of lift, and the RE unit is for 3.5" and up. Can I still use one of these under my XJ with 2" of lift?

I'm thinking that with an OEM track bar, my axle will be offset to one side a bit, and with an adjustable one my alxe will be offset to the opposite side a bit.

So what do you think? Go for the adjustable? Does anyone know of one that is made to be used with lower lifts?

Thanks,
Geoff

Back