• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

accident= time for new bumper

mavrick said:
Thats hot, what size lift and tires are you running? I really like the looks of thos bumper on the white xj. Know this really sucks, i love this style while know i have to figure where to put the spare tire and hi lift and im not a huge fan on the roof rack.
That's not my rig, it's from the link I listed. Besides that, mines white.

TIM
452740870106_0_ALB.jpg

Gojeep said:
Like the look of those tyres too. What brand and model are they and are they noisy on the black top? Wondering if they are quieter than the Goodyear MTR's?
I don't know who's xj that is, but the tires are Trxus MTs. They are made by Interco. They aren't to noisy on road & they are much better than other MTs I have had as far as handling & such. If you do a search you will find alot of positive comments about them. JIM.

That rigid rear bumper looks super nice, and if its only in the $500 range thats a killer deal.

Formatt- would you be able to get any pictures of that rigid rear bumper with a tire carrier on it and post them up here? I'd like to see where the tire sits height wise with a 35", I think i might hafta order one of these tomorrow for my birthday.

-steve

Hi Steve...

I'm waiting for Terry to send me my new endcaps so I can mount everything up. As soon as I get it, I'll definitely be posting up pics!

Also, i happen to know that the top of a 35" spare sits exactly even with the top of your rig. From my understanding, they based it off of a 35" spare to figure out where it was going to sit in relation to the roof line. If you're running something smaller than a 35" spare, you're just going to be sitting that much lower. Making sure the 35" spare wasn't going to sit higher than the roofline was a concern of mine.

I'm getting ready to start mounting my front FbG tonight... I say START mounting it because it's definitely going to take more than a couple hours. The guys at Rigid don't play around or cut corners when it comes to the mounting of these things.. the front alone has 22 mounting points and a steering brace that travels along the framerail a few inches further than c-roks.

formatt said:
I'm getting ready to start mounting my front FbG tonight... I say START mounting it because it's definitely going to take more than a couple hours. The guys at Rigid don't play around or cut corners when it comes to the mounting of these things.. the front alone has 22 mounting points and a steering brace that travels along the framerail a few inches further than c-roks.

No Kidding! I had a couple of guys helping with install of my Rigid FbK (non-winch). It took us a little over 3 hours.

You can see a few pics of the install here: http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=590092392205&page=1&sort_order=0

There are also pics of the rear bumper (Detours)

Thanks,
Robert

Robert...

what do you think of that bound folder of instructions they send?! With instructions and photos like those, it's pretty tough to screw up this install.

You opted for the Stinger on your bumper.. how sturdy is that thing? I didn't bother with it for mine.

Other than 6 little bottled buddies, I'll be installing mine "Lone Wolf" so it's going to take me a little longer than the 3 hours..

formatt said:
Robert...

what do you think of that bound folder of instructions they send?! With instructions and photos like those, it's pretty tough to screw up this install.

You opted for the Stinger on your bumper.. how sturdy is that thing? I didn't bother with it for mine.

Other than 6 little bottled buddies, I'll be installing mine "Lone Wolf" so it's going to take me a little longer than the 3 hours..

Hey Matt,

The instructions, bolts, and spares are the best I have ever seen.

I like the Stinger/Bull Bar. I am able to put all of my wieght on it as well as pull myself up with it. I wiegh about 210 ish...depending on the weather.... :laugh3:

As for your install, I highly recommend a jack, a board, and a couple of jack stands. Read thru the instructions and look at all of the bolts and parts BEFORE you start. It's easy to mix the bolts if you are not careful. Your 6 buddies may turn into 12, thus adding a few extra hours.

Good luck!

Robert

ILLXJ said:
I don't know who's xj that is, but the tires are Trxus MTs. They are made by Interco. They aren't to noisy on road & they are much better than other MTs I have had as far as handling & such. If you do a search you will find alot of positive comments about them. JIM.
Thanks for the comments mate. I'll have to see if they are even sold here?

Back