• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC not cycling (in a good way)

TacticalFats

NAXJA Forum User
Ok; rather than the usual my-compressor/fan-cycles-on-every-3-seconds thread, this one is a bit different.

My fan/ac does not cycle. By not cycling, I mean it's on the whole time (an AC mode is selected). It blows cold, hasn't frozen up (like it used to about 3-4 years ago before I replaced the low-pressue switch), etc.

Perhaps it's normal for a normall functioning system on VERY hot days?

=======================
Perhaps it's normal for a normall functioning system on VERY hot days?
=======================
Bingo!

That's my question. I have no idea. In years past, this thing would cycle alot. After it got recharged, it still cycled, just not alot. It doesn't cycle at all at idle now.

I'm concerned the low-pressure switch (a cheap part) may be sticking, and therefore can fry the compressor (a not cheap part).

I've only had my XJ for a month now, and it's been ridiculously hot here in AL, but with the air on, my compressor has yet to cycle... FWIW.

Bump for the at-work browsers.

It's only in the low 80's here now, and just idled it about 10 minutes with the blower on low, 'normal' AC setting, and hood up. It didn't cycle at all. Didn't seem to blow particularly cooler than normal..

I just don't want a bad pressure switch ($) frying my compressor, etc ($$$$$$$$).

Back