• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A question about building up a springpak...

mtbikerjohn

NAXJA Forum User
Got a question for all the sages out there...I just bought a used Rough Country lift kit (3"..I think) from a friend at work.He had bought new stock XJ springpaks,then added the full length AAL to the bottom,under the short leaf..This just doesn't seem right to my eye...I checked the Rough Country website,and they say to build up the springpak,pyramid style...This would put the aal third..just under the main and first stock leaf...Is this where it should be? My senses say yes...I don't mind pulling the springpaks apart..I wanted to clean the leaves up and paint them anyway.Also,where can I get replacement clamps,in case I trash the old ones? And finally..:spin1: ..is there anything I can use to layer between the leafs? I'd love to find some thin teflon sheets and use that,but I have no clue where I'd buy it..Anything else out there I can use as a subsitute? Thanks all...John

If you search around you'll find more answers but hope this helps. The AAL should go where you thought it does. They have teflon strips you can buy,I don't know where but its shaped like an I so it over laps the leaf and doesn't work its way out. My friend said if you sand them down and paint them with gloss paint and let it cure the whole way it should be sufficient. Dont use any kind of grease on it because dirt would stick and work its way in, messing up the leaves. And as far as the clamps I'd go to napa or auto zone see if any place like that would have them.

Back