• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a MUST buy for jeepers with stock speakers

How do they compare over stock when powered from the cd receiver? I only ask b/c I wasn't planning to power them from an amp.

x2.
I do have an aftermarket head unit though. I have cheep pioneer 2-way 6.5s, and they sound good except for the bass. Really it's mid-bass they're lacking, I have a sub in the back and the pioneers fall off before the sub picks up, leaving a bit of a hole. Some tracks it isn't noticeable, but on others it's really bad. Seems like a bass guitar get's turned way down. Think these will do better? I'm also considering jut putting the polks in the front and leaving the pioneers in the back.

What are you talking about?

My 92 was 5.25 all the wat around.

My fathers 99 my brothers 97 and my new 2000 are all the Bigger 6.5 All the Way around.

my sisters 90 though, again 5.25.

in that case every 97+ xj i have been in the doors of got screwed

How do they compare over stock when powered from the cd receiver? I only ask b/c I wasn't planning to power them from an amp.

My left speaker was stock and the right was an equally cheap (or worse) replacement. These made a huge difference in sound quality just being hooked up wit the Alpine deck. I don't know what kind of difference they will make on a stock deck though. Probably enough to justify the $40 though. Stock speakers are generally pretty terrible.

And yes, the tweeter does hit the door panel in the pre-97 models. Just needed some material removed from the backside of the grill to make it fit really well. The only think I don't like is that you can see the silver tweeter surround through the grill now. Now a huge deal, but I like stealth (usually).

who cares if they dont fit in the little hole. get some tin snips and cut the door open a bit and get self tapping screws and put the speakers in, might be "ghetto" but mine have been like that for 2 years and it took me 10 mins to do and i havent had any issues with them. i have a full polk audio component system all the way around btw.

Even better now, price drop to $29.99/pair-shipped. Just now ordering two pair. Thanks for the heads up.

wow, thanks for telling us. I ordered 2 pair at $40 but they haven't shipped yet, so I called customer service and they changed it to $30. :yelclap:

Mine came in yesterday and they look great, even at the $79 total price I paid for all four (I still think that is a great deal).

Anybody want my stock speakers?

It looks like they are $50/pair right this minute. I ordered a pair yesterday evening for $30 w/free shipping. Weird how Amazon pricing sometime seems to fluctuate minute to minute.

Back