• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ XJ's with Factory CD Changer?

anyone install the rb1 with the navigation

Yes, its been done.

DSC01351.jpg

same as installing the rb1 then or was there any thing different

As far as I know the RB1 is the same height and width. It may be a bit longer, thus requireing modification to the dash bezel as seen above. If you install the RB1, you need the same MOPAR harness. From what I've read, everything works without issue except for the function that allows your 'vehicle dot' to move on the screen. I've read several posts where people couldn't get that to work, and none where they could. I'm sure it's doable, and has probably been done already. I just haven't read anything on it...

In my setup, the round sides RBK are behind the edges of the bezel. A trimmed Dodge Ram bezel was used to fill in the gaps at each corner. You can make it out in the pic.

Update. This weekend I installed an 'RAH' oem head unit from a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica. It has plays Mp3's, and also has RDS. I'm using the factory changer port with my ipod interface. I picked up the stereo for $25.

The good thing about the RAH versus previous chrysler models is that the radio face is square. The face still has a slight curve to it, but overall it works well with the square XJ console.

7333400740_546c42b9ae_b.jpg

FYI. The Factory Plastic mount for the remote CD unit has been out of availability since around 2005. When my 97 was burgled, the crooks destroyed the unit to get at the CD. The Insurance company looked all across the US fro one then and vcould not find one,

So... If you do find one, say in the JY, snag it even if you do not need/want it as they have value.

BTW, driving a common Screwdriver throught the sheet metal just below the door lock will unlock the door. Guess how I know this tid bit.

Another Rare Part to look for is the Factory Subwoofer that was mounted in the spare tire.

Here is the skinny on it:

Cherokee Subwoofer Mounted in rear cargo spare tire hub under spare tire cover, 8" woofer and 50-watt amplifier. Part Number 82204834 List Price (2001) was $275.00​

BTW, driving a common Screwdriver through the sheet metal just below the door lock will unlock the door. Guess how I know this tid bit.

It's funny that you should mention it. I have a fix for that as well. It's also worth noting that with this mod, slim jimming is also out of the picture because the linkage from the lock to the door actuator is removed.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381414

I've caught a bit of flack for focusing about capable factory head units, and for my inexpensive theft deterrent, but the combination has served me well.

Back