• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 Cherokee Feeler

CantonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I believe my Jeep has a blown head gasket and I can't decide whether I should fix it or sell it. Any ideas on what it might be worth?
  • 137k miles
  • AW4
  • Dana 30/ChryCo 8.25
  • 62mm TB
  • K&N FIPK
  • Dynomax cat-back and MagnaFlow high-flow cat
  • Leather seat covers
  • BFG AT's (30x9.5) with less than 7K miles
  • Jeep dealer-only aluminum wheels (also have a spare never used)
  • Hella E-Codes with IPF "Green Glow" bulbs
  • Pioneer 1.5 DIN head unit with JBL GTO 6.5" coax speakers (x4)
  • Jeep OEM "Husky" style floor mats as well as original Jeep carpet mats
  • The ever elusive Red/Clear tail lights
  • Tan/Black interior
  • No body rot and interior good
Any thoughts?

jeep1.jpg

jeep.jpg

jeep3.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
If you are seriously interested in selling it, PM me with a price you have in mind.
Thanks!

I'd like to get a grand if I can. As you can see, it ain't a wreck. Even with a $800 charge for a shop to do the head gasket, it would make a nice DD. The only other problem I know of is the left, front outer u-joint needs to be replaced. It really is in quite nice shape otherwise. Even the stupid remote entry thing still works. I'm just getting older (51) and need something else.

Dave

This is a steal no matter what you ask!!! I wish mine had been in that great of shape when I bought it!! Of course I wish mine had the color matched painted flares as well, instead of the faded a$$ black ones!! Oh well some Krylon Fusion and they are nice and black again!! Glad to see this is going to a good home, hope it all works out!!

Sorry man I'm heading down tomorrow to grab it. ;)

don't get rear ended on the way home
:moon:

;) Congrats on a great deal Bill!! This for you or Angel??

BTW: Here's a few interior shots just to whet your appetite (although it's not quite this clean ATM)!

seat01.jpg

seat06.jpg

seat04.jpg

seat05.jpg

Dave

Awesome Bill, that will be great for Angel.

I would have picked that up myself if I could.

SOLD!!!

Thanks Bill and Angel! It was an absolute pleasure to meet you both (and your Dad). Angel, I have no doubt that this XJ will serve you well once Bill fixes its ills. It has been a truly great ride for me over the past few years. It's now just time to move on to something kinder to my backside.

Angel:

Once Bill gets it fixed, just enjoy it: and life. It really is a nice XJ. I've tried to take good care of it, but I obviously fell short somewhere. I'm very happy that you are excited with its prospects. Believe me, as you get into "middle age", the enjoyment and pleasures that you experience now will carry you through the remainder of life. Play now, pay later!

Bill:

Please keep me apprised as to what you find wrong with it. My hope is that my initial assessment is correct and I have not steered you wrong. I tried to be open and honest with you. My hope is that, in the end, you feel that you got a fair deal. She's a good Jeep and just needs some love (and a wrench here or there).

Please let me know how things turn out and I'll see you Saturday for the collection of Angel's new toy.

Sincerely,
Dave

Dave,
It was a pleasure meeting you both as well!
I feel like we've got a really good deal, and I hope the fixes for the issues it does have won't be to awful bad (time consuming for head work yes).
I'll keep you posted as to the progress. Enjoy that new Taurus SHO if you end up getting it.

Thanks again,
See you Saturday,
Bill & Angel

Good buy Bill! now she needs to be with it at NacFest next year... Leslie im sure would like another girl on the Green trails with her, she enjoyed meeting Angel on our Sunday adventaures.

Last edited:
Good buy Bill! now she needs to be with it at NacFest next year... Leslie im sure would like another girl on the Green trails with her, she enjoyed meeting Angel on our Sunday adventaures.

I don't know about bringing this XJ into the woods just yet, its pretty clean and needs to be a reliable DD. I learned the hard way not to mess to much with DDs. ;)
Plus, NACFest '10 she'll be riding shotgun with me, if not driving mine.
Leslie will have to get a little bigger or we can ride a trail with her. :)

This isn't really a classified thread anymore huh? :doh:

Back