• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 AW4 4x4 w/ brand new zero mile reman torque converter

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I bought this from Skreed in January 2010 for my old white 96, only to discover that it wasn't bolt-in on a 96. It will bolt directly into any 98-01 4.0L 4x4 auto trans XJ.

Here is Skreed's thread I got it from: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1020652

It has a brand new reman torque converter in it. I got as far as filling it with fluid and sliding it into the trans.

It has a new pan gasket and rear output seal but I would replace both of those again, it's been sitting.

It has the wiring harness and throttle valve cable.

It does not have the NSS.

It had 144k miles on it and the fluid was bright red and very good when I drained it.

The output shaft has a little dust and surface rust (seriously, basically flash rust from sitting in storage, it's not been rained on) on it. I would recommend cleaning this off but you could probably ignore it and run it.

I've had it sitting in my storage unit till 2012 and from then on it sat in my kitchen. I've now gotten to the point in my house reconstruction that it is very much in my way and I want it gone.

I don't put automatic transmissions back into XJs/MJs anymore and haven't since 2011. If an auto comes out, a manual goes in. As such I have absolutely no use for this fine jeep component.

$100 for black letters, $50 for red letters OR if you provide pictures of you at a trail cleanup. I don't want to haul this thing into the basement where it will sit until the end of time. Please take it away.

An unknown AW4 from a picknpull costs $130 and you're rolling the dice. Seriously, I want this thing gone pricing it this way.

edit: I also have a small stockpile of random stock parts I won't be needing in the future. If you come here to buy this transmission, you are required to take some of them with you. Don't worry, they're free! :looney:

Would you ship the torque converter? If so, how much to 80537. Colorado.

If nothing else, you could bring it with you to ColoradoFest this summer.:jester:

I unfortunately have no working stock radios right now, not even in my one drivable jeep :dunce:

old_man - I'd love to but I really want to get rid of the whole transmission at once and that'd be expensive to ship. The converter alone cost me $160 shipped back in 2010.

I will take this transmission off your hands just got my fiancé a 2wd Xj and need a 4x4 trains since I already have a np231 if you want to make it easier you can call/text me at 4135526186

Shit sorry it was so hard to get ahold of me! And thanks for getting the trans out of here.

Old_man - if you are still interested, I can crate it up sometime soonish and get a shipping quote. I gave the trans away since he only needed it, the only reason I didn't list the whole thing free is because of the converter. Make me an offer I can't refuse :looney:

Converter still available. 50 plus shipping anywhere in the US, I don't know how to ship international

Back