• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 cherokee...parts or fixable?

UMM...WHAT RUST?
The rust all around the rear axle?

100_0493.jpg

Or maybe the rust around the engine bay, swaybar and steering box

100_0487.jpg

Wait, is that rust on the clutch pedal :rof:

100_0495.jpg

Maybe it looks worse than it is, dunno you asked for opinions

up here I don't call it rust unless I can see through it, or the chunks that fall off are more than 1/8" thick.

The rust all around the rear axle?

100_0493.jpg

Or maybe the rust around the engine bay, swaybar and steering box

100_0487.jpg

Wait, is that rust on the clutch pedal :rof:

100_0495.jpg

Maybe it looks worse than it is, dunno you asked for opinions

umm, are you XXXXing retarded?

those are parts that came with shitty paint from the factory, and it's in a salt environment. of course there's surface rust on them.

there is ZERO rust-through on the vehicle, with ZERO unibody/floor rust. hell, what rust there is on the axles doesn't even count...if I can turn a bolt, it's not rusty.

this is almost the exact same deal i got on mine. same options, 5 speed etc. got it with 160,000 miles on it for 300 bucks with very similar damage. its been the most reliable vehicle i've ever owned. buy it, fix it, wheel it. just my .02.

since its 4x4, a manual, and the engine runsi would jump all over it. The front end wouldn't take anymore than a few hours to fix

i buy wrecked jeeps and fix then flip them...and yeah thats a real easy fix...

...from a west coast pov it does look rusty'er than anythign ive ever seen, but for $500 i say go for it

Back