• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97'+XJ Upper 1/4 Panels Armor and Tail Light boxes on sale now! Introductory pricing!

How will these rear quarter panels work if you have trimmed rear fenders? Will they have to be modified/cut to match the trimmed fender line or do they even go down that far?

How will these rear quarter panels work if you have trimmed rear fenders? Will they have to be modified/cut to match the trimmed fender line or do they even go down that far?

Unless your cutting into the wheel well, you won't have to trim the panels. If you have a big aggressive fender cut out, you may have to trim the panels.

I am looking at possibly placing an order for these this afternoon. So what is the final word on the type of LED light we should be using? Flange mount LEDs? 6" oval, 2.5" round, 2" round?

Right. Just watch the hole locations for the flange on the oval light. There are 2 different styles out there. Doesn't really matter since you'll have to drill new holes into the flange anyhow. At least I did for mine.

2 - 6" Ovals
2 - 2.5" Rounds (reverse or ambers)
2 - 2" Rounds (red for side markers)

Different makes/brands of lights have slightly different mounting holes in the flanges. You may need to drill the plastic mounting flanges depeding on which brand of lights you end up with.

I am looking at possibly placing an order for these this afternoon. So what is the final word on the type of LED light we should be using? Flange mount LEDs? 6" oval, 2.5" round, 2" round?
You trying to copy me? :D You have the correct sizing Brendan. I got mine at www.superbrightleds.com. Ordered them on a tuesday and Had them on friday.

Right. Just watch the hole locations for the flange on the oval light. There are 2 different styles out there. Doesn't really matter since you'll have to drill new holes into the flange anyhow. At least I did for mine.
I also Had to redrill mine which takes all of 2 minutes. I started to drill out one of the holes on my taillight housings and my drill bit exploded under almost no pressure! :eek:

Back