• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ 2 Dr PWR Window Regulators

I am sure others have had issues locating power window regulators for the 2 Door 97+ XJ. I have the passenger side window going out on me. (It does not want to go up, as the window seems to bind.)

Does anyone have an idea how these regulators could be rebuilt, or another window regulator that could be modified to replace the stock one?

Thanks.

I am bumping this. My driver side window was punched, which ended up damaging one of the little plastic clips on the regulator. I want to rebuild, I have had zero luck locating one, at all.

Ideas? Experience? Basically a bump for the OP

Wow, I forgot I even posted this.

I was able to fix one of my window regulators that had a separation of the plastic tube that covers the metal coil by finding a plastic tube of the same plastic, slitting it down 1 side and using high temp hot glue to glue this over the broken tub and using hose clamps to hold it in place until it cooled. (I will have to go back and look at my notes later as to the type of tube I used, this was important in the plastic science for the bonding.) This regulator now works like new.

I took a lot of photos, but I have not done a write-up on this, but I suspect I should.

As for your broken plastic, keep the whole thing, and find a donor piece at the junk yard if you can to fix it. Keep in mind that half of the assembly is the same as a 4 door, so you might be able to steel parts from one of those to fix it. Hot glue may work as well with the type of plastic used in the window regulars depending on the location of the break. (Pics would be helpful to provide more ideas.)

Back