• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Dream Build XJ

the third rate is just the keeper spring, it gets fully compressed when under load.
under 200? 200 as in the primary rate? yours is 120 though... maybe i dont understand what you mean

Love your build!! hands down the cleanest 2 rigs I have seen. So where did you get the bumpers. I see ORF, but I take it they are prototypes?

Nice build! Both of them!

Just a question about your stop lights:

IMG_6037.jpg

The horizontal component on the brake light, is that the turn signal? If so, what brand of light is it?

Nice build! Both of them!

Just a question about your stop lights:

IMG_6037.jpg

The horizontal component on the brake light, is that the turn signal? If so, what brand of light is it?

Sorry for butting in On uour thread but there for basically all other jeeps except XJ's. You can find them On 4 wheel parts or really any of tye big big big vendors web sites.

I looked on ORFAB's site and could not find these quarter panels or rear bumper. Are they prototypes cause I love the LED light included in them and that rear bumper is exactly what I've been looking for to put on my project soon to start. Will trade firstborn kid for both to be put into production :D

...finished up with all the OR-Fab bumpers and armor...

IMG_6036.jpg

IMG_6037.jpg

JCR already has the quarter guard and tail light combo in production.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=XJArmor
Sweet, thanks man! I've seen their quarter guards before with the oval shaped light but did not know they had an option for the dual circle style (which I think looks better and the light style are more common to find).

VAhasnoWAVES said:
i know OR-FAB has quarter guards, ive never seen the ones with light boxes.
yeh I haven't seen them with light boxes either. When I finally get some cash saved up I'll go with the JCR ones above if ORFAB isn't doing production on those yet.

wow! Just came across this build. Great Job Chris. This is amazing! I wish to make my Jeep like yours someday. very slowly for me. I bought your d30 and 8.25 off your blue xj. They are still running great and they love running the Rubicon all summer long. keep up the great work. , Josh

Finished assembling the ATK, grabbed a forklift and dropped it in...not all that fun trying to get it in with out a second body, but overall it went pretty smooth...

IMG_5942.jpg

IMG_5943.jpg

Time to pull out the axles and get down to the dirty work...

IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

Prepped the frame for some Ruff Stuff Specialties XJ chassis stiffeners...

IMG_5950.jpg

Cleaned and undercoated the entire undercarriage...

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg
One of my favorite Jeeps but what a shame. Could not even clean the engine compartment prior to the engine install? Maybe paint the valve cover and oil pan..... What a shame....

One of my favorite Jeeps but what a shame. Could not even clean the engine compartment prior to the engine install? Maybe paint the valve cover and oil pan..... What a shame....

Really? You brought this year old post back to life for that? That's what you decided on for your first post on this forum? I know I just kept it alive by replying, but give us a break...these are two of the sweetest XJ's to ever roll around on God's green earth....

By the way, I enjoyed looking at them all over again.

This XJ is SICK.

Does anyone know what wheels they are? I must've missed it.

Trail ready. Right on the first page.

Thank you!!

I thought those were just the beadlocks - they appear to be the entire wheel/beadlock setup.

Back