• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Dream Build XJ

The front long arm is a "one off" proto-type 3-link with a custom high clearance HD (.250" steel metal) cross-member...The rod ends i used are the new 1" shank RK monster joints

IMG_6033.jpg

Which longarm kit do you have on the front?

Last edited:
interested to see how you did the upper coilover mount on your old xj. any closer pictures, or a description of what you did?
i'm getting ready to do mine, just looking for ideas.

needs a roll cage, 5 point harnesses less show more go. just my opinion
It's got plenty of go. It also has plenty of show. So what if he wants a good looking XJ to wheel. A cage and 5 points aren't always necessary, especially if it's just a family wheeler. I wouldn't take my kids over something with a likelihood for rollovers.

I saw a xj like this one time..... but it was in my dreams!! My OCD wants to know why you didnt do the knuckles red to match and left them orange?

I demand some freakin light output shots! :shocked:

This setup with the 40" led, 10" led, two D2's & LED headlight's has crazy light output! Way more than old blue with the hid's...We love going out to the desert and do some shooting at night; it lights up the night like daylight!

What, could you not see anything if you stood in front of it, or would it melt your camera? :D

What I find crazy is that normally, being in front of that much light, would be like standing under a heat lamp. This however, you probably can't even feel :thumbup:

what are you running for headlights? and did you upgrade/change anything for the lights below the headlights? the covers look different.

interested to see how you did the upper coilover mount on your old xj. any closer pictures, or a description of what you did?
i'm getting ready to do mine, just looking for ideas.
you forget about me, or is it a secret?

you forget about me, or is it a secret?

haha! no secrets...i couln't manage to find a better side pic, sorry. But the construction of the mount is a combination of .250" and .188" steel plates and gussets. I used a 12" shock with about 4" of compression and the rest extension...I used Eiback 10"-200's over 14"-300's...I sat at about 7.5" of lift

Cherokee17.jpg

haha! no secrets...i couln't manage to find a better side pic, sorry. But the construction of the mount is a combination of .250" and .188" steel plates and gussets. I used a 12" shock with about 4" of compression and the rest extension...I used Eiback 10"-200's over 14"-300's...I sat at about 7.5" of lift

Cherokee17.jpg
looks good, how'd it ride with that spring rate? im running a 16" travel shock in the rear, triple rate with a 14" 200lb over a 16" 300lb. still trying to figure out the front rates. i think i'll need about a 160-170lb primary rate.
your antirock probably helped a ton..

Can you possibly get some night pics of the trucklites?
Also, anyway you can post up a video of your exhaust? Looks interesting. What muffler is that? I thought it was a hooker aero, but almost looks like a cherry bomb vortex?

Also, anyway you can post up a video of your exhaust? Looks interesting. What muffler is that? I thought it was a hooker aero, but almost looks like a cherry bomb vortex?
Find the Trucklites LED thread, there's pics there.

Its a custom built exhaust with a magnaflow high flow cat and a spintech muffler, the jeep sounds and performs awesome!

looks good, how'd it ride with that spring rate? im running a 16" travel shock in the rear, triple rate with a 14" 200lb over a 16" 300lb. still trying to figure out the front rates. i think i'll need about a 160-170lb primary rate.
your antirock probably helped a ton..

What's your third rate in the back? I'd imagine that 200/300 is a little much for a cherokee in the back(170/250 with a currie in the back works clean)..I definitely wouldn't run anything less than a 200 in the front on the XJ...you could run a 160 to 180 8" dead coil if you're running a 14" coil through the inner fender; that will help, a lot, with all the control crawling..that's why i ended up running a currie with the 12" duel rate up front, it was the perfect combo for crawling and "daily" driving (didn't have to trailer the thing every where...)

Back