• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 XJ electric window and locks

dsocks

NAXJA Forum User
Hey im new to this forum and jeeps all together. Im trying to fix a couple problems on my new ride before i go cause a few new ones.

photo.php

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=46082365&l=9edbf9000f&id=10045160
(link to pic because i cant figure how to post pics yet)
Hopefully the pic works.
Its a 94 with 102,000 miles. it runs like a dream. the only two problems are the driver window doesnt work. the guy who sold it to me said it just stopped working. i dont have a manual so i dont know which fuses to check. are there any common problems with these windows?

problem 2 are the electric locks. when you flip the unlock/lock switch all you here is a click coming from around the fuse box.

is there anything i should do before taking it to a shop that will charge me an arm and a leg?

thanks in advance,

dave

Last edited:
ive been searching for a while, if im correct i can rule out the window lockout switch because i have a pre 97. from what i have read the problem is most often in the wiring.

Back