• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ 4.0L 2-Door Sport for sale - 79K miles

jts93xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting rid of my beach cruiser - a 1993 XJ Sport 4.0L 2-Door. She's black with the red pinstripe and decals. 79,000 miles - I'm the second owner. I bought her off an older couple who bought her brand new in 94. She's mainly been a second car/toy/joyride her whole life. Engine is very strong. Tranny is smooth - NO mechanical problems. Perfect for a build-up.

- 2WD
- 4.0L High Output Inline 6-Cylinder
- Pretty much all stock minus a few little things i.e. upgraded air filter, oil filter
- Stock roof rack
- Top-end Pioneer 3-Way Speakers in the tailgate (Had to do a little Fab to squeeze them in), along with replacement of tweeters in dash and door speakers. Also, aftermarket cd player bluetooth/usb/xm enabled - did all that about a month ago. I've still got the original, too.
- Always has run on premium gas
- Royal Purple oil since I've had her

Con -

- The only real problem she's got is her black paint in the Cali sun has caused some sun oxidation on the hood and roof. I haven't had time to repaint her. I'm military, and we don't get much time off.

Basically, she's untouched since she was originally bought. Anyways, I've never found a 93 with lower miles - I just want to pass her onto someone else who'll have time to build her up and take her on the trips that I don't have time to. I'd like another enthusiast to have her, because I know how rare a truck like this is. I'd like to get about 3,000 out of her, but that's a little negotiable.

Pink slip in hand and such. Payment in cash. Email or PM me for pictures - serious inquiries only please. I'd travel to sell her - I'm in Monterey Bay, about 3 hours north or LA right on the coast. I'll answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability.

Thanks guys

Interior color?
Trim Package?
Cruise Control?

- Interior's Grey. All seats are in great condition - no tears or rips. No cracks or imperfections on dash or door panel/trim
- Manual locks and windows
- Manual 5-Speed Tranny - smooth clutch and tranny. No work needed.
- NO Cruise Control
- AC blows cool air but NOT really cold.
- After-market tint all the way around - some pretty light tint, though. It's about 7 years old. NO BUBBLING in it! It was professionally done.

- I'm honestly not sure what trim package. On the title it says "SW" on the body type model section - does that just stand for sport?

Unfortunately I won't be able to get pictures up until Friday - I'm just swamped with work this week. Keep the questions coming if you have more. I promise I'll put in-depth pictures up. Thanks guys.

jts93xj said:
- I'm honestly not sure what trim package. On the title it says "SW" on the body type model section - does that just stand for sport?

Sport is the trim package.

SW is just the vehcile type, Station Wagon.

Gotchya. Well there ya have it. Like I said, you guys'll be able to see the trim and everything on Friday.

I'm going to leave this up on here for about a week from when I put up pictures. After that, I'm going to put her up on Ebay and locally, and it'll be on a first-come basis.

I'll travel to sell her (within reason), for the price of gas, and maybe lunch haha :) Also, I'm only available for pickup on the weekends.

hmm... same rig, but a 2 door, no power stuff... and I've got what would be needed to convert to 4wd.

but i know i know better, and i'm just torturning myself.

Just curious, have you ever tracked your gas mileage?

Yeah I do it every few tanks. Lately she's been running about 19mpg - that's on premium gasoline, and I only drive her in the city - to and from base about 6 miles each way. So I'd guess about 22 on the highway? My motorcycle's my usual ride, though.

Also, she's been starting hard lately so I'm either going to put a new starter in her, or drop the price a few hundred and have the buyer do it - their choice.

Back