• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'91 XJ Cherokee 6" lift $2200

awr94903

NAXJA Forum User
I've just purchased a new jeep so the old one has gotta go. My dad wants this thing gone and out of the driveway asap, hence the low price. It's a '91 xj that's served me well. It's very capable off road and still driveable on the street (it's been my daily driver for the past year and a half). I have many pictures that I can email to anyone who wants them. Here's the specs:

1991 Jeep Cherokee 4wd Laredo
4dr Green & Gray two tone
4.0L HO Inline-6
K&N Airfilter
Dynomax Exhaust
Aux. Oil Cooler
AW4 Automatic Transmission with Overdrive
Aux. Tranny Cooler
166,000 miles
AC, PS, PB, PL, PW
Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control
Kenwood CD player
JBL speakers
Electric Thermometer and Compass
Factory Roof Rack
New Front Clip
Recent Oil Change
Redline Synthetics
Brakes just done (New Pads, Rotors, & Calipers)
6” of Rubicon Express lift
(Front Coil Springs, Track Bar (with drop bracket), Drop Pitman Arm, Shocks, Brake Lines, Coil Spacers, Sway Bar Disconnects, Rear Leaf Springs, Shackles & more)
Lifted the Right Way, no blocks or add-a-leafs!
32”x11.5”x15” BfGoodrich Mud Terrains
15x8 American Racing AR767 Wheels
dana 30 front, chrysler 8.25 rear
3.55 gears
np 231 transfercase
Slip Yoke Eliminator
CV Driveshafts Front & Rear
Limited Slip Rear Differential
3rd Class Receiver Hitch

The rear main seal leaks oil, it was originally just a small leak (100 miles ago) but I figured I'd try to fixed it, but due to my limited mechanical ablilities it now leaks more oil. I know it's the rear main seal because it only leaks oil when driven. The other mechanical issue is the vacum disconect for the 4wd on the front diff. These thinks are notorius for failing and the one on this jeep finally didn't. It works intermittently, but it doesn't work more often than it does. The stock parts can be replaced, it can be ghetto fabbed, or it can be fixed for good with a $200 posi lock kit. The buyer will need to take care of smog and registration.
The body is fair. There a few dents here and there and quite a bit of arizona pinstriping and half of the clearcoat is gone. No rust!
The interior is in pretty decent condition, a few grease stains in the back and the headliner is sagging a little in the back. Crack in windshield but not in line of vision.
THE FENDERS ARE UNCUT, just trimmed a tad at the back of the front ones, with some trimming (nothing crazy) 35 could be easily fit.
Also Included:
d35 4.10 gears, d35 lockright, sub box for 2 12's, possible spare 8.25 rear end (out of '95 with 70k miles, but open diff with 3.07's, same shafts though)
keep these or sell them to pay for part of the jeep
Located near San Francisco.
I have many pics that I can email.

Price: $2200

Sent pics, tomorrow I'm taking it to the shop to have the rear main seal fixed, so the price will be going up $300 (a little less than it cost to have it done). If you want it but want to do the rear main your self, let me know ASAP!

Thanks,
Aaron

Thanks whoozey, it sounds like phil is pretty set on a 2-door, oh well. I'll let you know when I get to AZ. I was talking to the mechanic who did the rear main seal today about getting it to smog, he said that it'll probably smog as is, if not, it would most likely be the cat, then possibly the O2 sensor.

Aaron

where at in nor-cal? are you going to be here thru the end of the month?

I'm in San Rafael (SF Bay Area), I'll be here through the beginning of August (5th or 6th). I'll send all you guys pics when I get home from work.

Thanks,
Aaron

Back