• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9 inch, 44 or 8.8

Funny the verbage here. Usually I agree with you Haus....

But finding a common for ranger or aerostar (what omg aerostars use an 8.8 too? :gag: ) You simply unbolt the 1310 ujoint flange they use and bolt it up to your explorer or FW 8.8 and it doesnt cost you a cent more and accepts your stock 1310 ujoint driveshaft.

I found that the stock shaft is typically to long when you already have a SYE and swapping from a D35 to a F8.8 with a flange adapter. If you got lucky and the driveshaft shop built it a bit to short for a D35 then you might be ok. Just would not want to push it in to the TC output when full under full droop.

Don't aerostars use a ford 7.5? Either way, same flange, or order it brand new for 25 bucks online, spicer 2-2-1379.

Don't you just love that? Yes phone, "asbergers ****" is exactly what I meant to type

There are a lot of interesting comments in this thread. Some have no bearing on the local market; prices are good here. Oddly enough, it is easier to find flat tops with 8 lug outters (I've been spotting for a bud). Six lug spindles, not so easy.

Chad, I'll give you a heads up if I see any complete 9-inch housings. Is there an easy check to see if they are bent?

There are a lot of interesting comments in this thread. Some have no bearing on the local market; prices are good here. Oddly enough, it is easier to find flat tops with 8 lug outters (I've been spotting for a bud). Six lug spindles, not so easy.

Chad, I'll give you a heads up if I see any complete 9-inch housings. Is there an easy check to see if they are bent?

No need my friend :D found this Thursday night on the way home from the springs :D

580630_429747090431645_222007668_n.jpg

Back