• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 with a rebuilt 94 motor?

I have finally fixed it guys. The little tit on the end of the CPS broke off during some part of the swap. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it all of you who helped out.

I dont want to start a new thread so I will post here. I have been driving the xj a bit in preperation for a rubicon run this upcoming weekend and it seems that when I turn over/ start the jeep when it is hot that the motor is harder to turn over. When i say harder i mean that the motor seems tighter and is obvious that the newer starter is having a tougher time turing it over when it is hot compared to when it is cold.

When you say "newer starter" do you mean it's the starter that came with the used 94? Probably just a dying starter, I've had them to that before they fail (particularly on my '71 F250 with a 390).

The more I think about it, it is reminding me of an older chevy truck with the timing advanced. ITstarts up fine but, only when itscold and when its hot it takes a little more power.

Can the dizzy be off a tooth. Or since the ears are gone on the dizzy can it be off there a bit?

Back