• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 trail rig---very low miles

Jess

NAXJA Forum User
I have little time to either work on or wheel my rig, so I think it might be time to let it go. It has all the original drivetrain with less than 101K. 4.0, aw4, 242, non-disco 30, 35 rear (both open with 3.55's).​

Under the hood:
new Optima Red top
Rusty's intake tube with cone filter
aluminum pressure bottle with all new hoses and no heater control valve
AC bypass pulley​

Steering:
Monster tie rod
new stock drag link
all new tie rod ends
Rough Country adjustable track bar​

Suspension:
Rubicon Express fixed uppers with new rubber bushings
Rubicon Express Superflex fixed lowers with new rubber bushings
Rubicon Express 5.5" coils
Rear leaves are a bastard packs
Rough country 1.5"/2" shackles
Rough Country shocks all the way around,​

Brakes:
WJ booster
WJ master cylinder
front brake hoses are fullsize GM
rear brake hose is 96 Dakaota​

Skids:
Rusty's engine/tranny skid
Rusty's 1" drop crossmember
I have made some quarter guards (11 ga) and drilled some mounting holes but have not painted or installed them yet​
Superlift rear diff guard
Warn front diff guard

Interior is completely stripped except for stock dash, console, seats, and dome lights. I have covered all interior metal in Duplicolor bedliner, but some spots are chipping. There was NO rust in floors before they were coated.​

There wheels are American Racing Outlaw II's 15x8 with some rock rash and the tires not great. They will all hold air and still have some tread, but I was planning on replacing them. I have 5 wheels, but only 4 good tires.​

The front bumper is a custom tube winch bumper and there is no rear bumper on it right now, but I can include a stocker with no endcaps.​

I'm sure there is more I am leaving out. If you have any questions just ask.​

Asking $3500 or best offer.​

I have some other parts and trail spares I'll throw in.....if the price is right.​

Last edited:
These are the only pics I have uploaded right now. I'll get more tomorrow.
2ez4ied.jpg

a12sts.jpg

I also have HD engineering frame stiffeners. I have the driver side mostly welded on, but have not started the passenger side.

What are you planning to do with that winch? Consider selling the winch and winch bumper separate?

I think the motor is bad on the winch. I have found a new motor on ebay for less than $100, but I'm not sure what I want to do with it. It is not included with the sale of the rig, but I would like to leave the bumper on it for now at least.

If I don't get any offers on the whole rig we may be able to work something out.

I forgot to list new Energy poly motor mounts and the oil filter adapter o-rings were changed at the same time.

Where in Tenn are you?

What size are those tires in the picture?

Rear bumper, any troubles mounting a new/aftermarket one on?

Does it have a hitch currently?

Gas Tank Skid? Does it have the front shovel skid picture is too dark on my computer to see.

Think the rest of my questions you pretty much answered.

Thanks.
Bill

Sorry for the delay. I am in Knoxville. Tires are 35's. There is now a rear homemade rear tire swing bumper on it (needs a little work I haven't gotten around to). It does have a frame mounted hitch. There is no gas tank skid. It does not have the front skid (I had one on it for a while but the tires hit it at full lock and I removed and sold it).

Back