• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 MJ Totalled, the Resurrection!

7 hours and no sammiches in any of those pics? Slave driver! Glad you're rebuilding. That thing looks super clean.

LOL! I bought him a burger from the best hamburger place in town for lunch and offered him a beer which he declined. It is a clean truck with solid floors. You can see the door i got from you in some of the pics, I'm gutting it out and prepping it for paint.

I don't know how well the electronics work, but if you need anything else off of the '96, let me know. The other door is bent, but has all the electronics in it. Mirror stuff?

I don't know how well the electronics work, but if you need anything else off of the '96, let me know. The other door is bent, but has all the electronics in it. Mirror stuff?

My son wants the crank windows and non PDL's, and the wing windows, go figure? So I'm just using the door itself and the guts from his original doors.

I'm still looking far a pass door/fender. Ron is going to save the original hood. Its not too bad.

The bed I got from Lowrange(Andy) needs very little work and its getting bedlined by the pro's like the old bed was.

Its all coming together nicely. The whole truck should be in primer and on the road by Thanksgiving

That is a lot of work but it will be worth it in the end. That truck will be in great shape soon enough. I applaud you for saving it.

7 hours id great time for quality work-- I've seen thing go quicker, but the end results were nowhere near "quality" work.

You said your son was going in the Navy if I remember correctly-- if he gets stationed down here, he's welcome to any hospitality I can provide. Have him send me a P.M. if he needs anything.
:cheers:

7 hours id great time for quality work-- I've seen thing go quicker, but the end results were nowhere near "quality" work.

You said your son was going in the Navy if I remember correctly-- if he gets stationed down here, he's welcome to any hospitality I can provide. Have him send me a P.M. if he needs anything.
:cheers:

Thanks for the offer Shorty but he didn't get in. He has issues with his eyes/eyesight that is keeping him from getting in. He has done the waiver application and is appealing now. His eyesight is correctable to 20/20 but he has depth perception issues. He is registering in community college and is trying to decide a career path. Luckily he made good grades in high school. He scored a 89 on his ASVAB, lost 85 pounds to get into the NAVY now they don't want him there, it sucks for him. But he lives a healthy lifestyle now and is keeping a positive attitude about it.

He is working construction right now to pay for the repairs to the truck.

Y'all be safe over on the east side. The next couple of days are gonna be rough!

Thanks for the offer Shorty but he didn't get in. He has issues with his eyes/eyesight that is keeping him from getting in.
that sux-- I know they're weeding out the "un-promoteables" but I didn't know they were stupid enough to keep good recruits from getting in. It's mostly a reaction to the impending funding cuts/reduction in funding that are expected to take place in the next 4 years if....... well, you know.

Y'all be safe over on the east side. The next couple of days are gonna be rough! So far, it's been pretty tame. The coast (my place...) has had some steady 40-45mph wind, but the gusts aren't there, and inland a few miles seems almost calm. I spent the night in Chesapeake and awoke to still tree tops. Kinda scary compared to what I'm used to on the water.

You're not kidding. I didn't even recognize him in your driveway. Hope he gets in.

With his "depth perception" issues(which are most likely the cause of his poor driving) there is little chance he will get in.

He is starting school in January and he is looking for another job right now.

The windshield/back glass goes in today. Tomorrow we are driving to Mt Airy to pick up some fenders/doors.

We got the glass in today! Thank you GlassMasters for a great deal!

Its starting to look like a truck again.

1102121657.jpg

1102121632.jpg

1102121624.jpg

why didnt you paint it first?

My son won't have the money for paint for at least a year. We are going to put a primer/sealer on it until then. Its really not a big deal painting a MJ, we have done it before! It only took us 2 days to put the silver on it and that was with removing the bed and all trim.

My son and I made a trip to Mt Airy NC(3 hrs round trip) today to pick up some fenders/doors and a hood from a member of ComancheClub, simmonsm. I want to thank Mark for the great deal on some straight sheet metal! He has a badass "99" MJ as well that he is almost done with. Its a 87 MJ with 99 XJ interior/exterior and drivetrain, including the OBD2!

Here is our new to us sheet metal

1103122110.jpg

1103122109.jpg

1103122108a.jpg

This door will need 4 holes welded up from a aftermarket mirror but other than that, all of the sheet metal is straight and rust free!
1103122107.jpg

Is it strange that everyone you buy from has an MJ with a late model conversion on the front? lol

I know, and my son and I both like the older 96- front ends better so it works for us. Nothing wrong with the newer 97+ front ends but we like the older classic look.

Back