• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 cherokee with 87 vette motor for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
jeep001.jpg

Picture001.jpg

jeep003.jpg

89 jeep cherokee (5year old paint job)
87 l98 vette motor roughly 90,000miles
$20g invested (dont believe me i have 90% of the reciepts)
Originally from california
currie dana 60 rear end $3,000+
dana 44 front currie $3,000+
nv4500 5spd trans
np231 tc (recently rebuilt bearings and inspected)
3.5 tomken lift
custom exhaust and headers
open cone filter
ron davis aluminum rad (400$)
15% tint all around
31inch tires on 15inch black rims (currently on jeep)
16inch chrome 31inch tires (come with jeep)
box of accesories and badges and custom made ac hoses made for this setup (never installed/ ac is on motor)
much more stuff everything is modified.
Interior is stock with in dash cd player

one of a kind jeep, i won best cherokee award at jeep and truckfest in canton ohio.
I am moving to tennesse and would like to sell before i go.

Asking $5,000 firm NO TRADES

Pm me if interested i live in nw ohio

200hp and 300ftlbs with the black 31's on it. Stock internals very healty motor. If i was gunna keep it i would of done heads and cam and be looking at 300hp.

Tell you what.... let me hang on to it for a week to see if you miss it, and if you don't and I like it, I just might buy it from you.

Would like to see the build thread as well.

Ill miss it but not that much. I havent drove it for severel months now. You want it 5grand cash. Youll regret not buying it. You wont see another nice clean older cherokee with a v8 swap 5spd again for this cheap of a price. I dont need to show a build thread. It is what it is.

Ill miss it but not that much. I havent drove it for severel months now. You want it 5grand cash. Youll regret not buying it. You wont see another nice clean older cherokee with a v8 swap 5spd again for this cheap of a price. I dont need to show a build thread. It is what it is.

I'm not looking for an impulse buy, I'm looking for an investment. If you want me to drive to Ohio with 5 grand in my pocket, I'll need more info. It's not even for me, me and a few buddies are going to build it. We have a budget and need to know how much it will cost to get it where we want it.

If you can get someone to buy it no questions asked, great, but 5 grand isn't petty cash to me.

Tell you what.... let me hang on to it for a week to see if you miss it, and if you don't and I like it, I just might buy it from you.

Would like to see the build thread as well.

Coming in with an introduction like that is pretty cocky and doesnt look like your interested in buying it. But ill answer any questions you have. I want to sell it bad and will do anything to help you understand about your future investment hopefully.

Hey dude, i just want to poke my head in and say that this Jeep is done very well. Looks like you really know what your doing. NIce job on electronics place ment and i like how you worked the intake issue. Does is still have an engine driven fan, or is all electric? Any body who was honestly interested in buying this beautiful jeep should probably just go look at it, cause i dont think that questions and pictures being shared via the interent will do this jeep the justice it deserves. Great build man, good luck with the sale, id be askin 8.

Mod Tech isn't where we sell things.

Coming in with an introduction like that is pretty cocky and doesnt look like your interested in buying it. But ill answer any questions you have. I want to sell it bad and will do anything to help you understand about your future investment hopefully.

Well, my second post got deleted, where I suggested you keeping it. The reason I said that is my buddy's first car when he was 16 was an xj, he got it for free from his grandparents so he had money to invest in it. I was 15 at the time and I helped him and his uncle install the lift (I don't know if you would call it help, but I learned a lot). He had it for about a year and totaled it. He accepted the insurance check and bought a ZR2, then a cummins, and now he has a car to save on gas. None of these vehicles were as capable or reliable, even though they cost a lot more. He wishes he would of salvaged the parts and bought another jeep to this day. With the money he's put into the other three just to keep them running, he could of built a bad-ass jeep.

As for the post you quoted, I obviously didn't convey the right tone (hard to do in a forum). I would never expect someone to lone me a vehicle for a week unless they were immediate family. I wouldn't even let you loan me it for a week b/c it's not mine. I was only joking. Your jeep looks classic, from the pics it looks like it's in great shape for the age. In 20 years, I bet it'll be prized like a 60's muscle car is today. I still think you should keep it but it's your decision.

As for the pestering you for info, I thought I read a post that said you had a build thread. It's gone now though.

Finally, I do not have the 5000$ right now, but I can get it from the guy who's gonna help me build it. The only problem is his ass is tighter than an ugly third grader, and he's the one that wants to know everything. He doesn't have internet so I can only describe it for now, but if you could just take a few minutes and write down all you know about it, I don't see why he wouldn't go for it. Also, if you could get as many pics as possible so he can see how clean it is that would be great. I know it's a PIA, but I would appreciate it. Also, if there's any rust, how much and where it's at.

There is no build thread. He bought it that way off Ebay.

i seen it on youtube a few weeks ago it looks awesome, good luck with the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back