• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 xj d44 re 5.5in For Sale

TNScrambler

NAXJA Forum User
Decided to sell my '88 Wagoneer Limited before I get too far into the project.

'88 XJ Wagoneer Limited
Aw4
NP242
D30 (non-disco) 3.55s
D35 3.55s
D44 rear, 3.55s traclock, unistalled but complete from drum to drum and parking brake cables ready bolt in.
RE 5.5 extreme duty lift: adjustible upper and lower front control arms with superflex joints, HD adjustible trackbar and braket, RE pitman arm, and RE tierod, Full rear leaf springs with 3/4in longer hd shackle and 3/4in spacer in front.
Procomp ES 9000 shocks front and rear
Brand new 31x10.5 BFG KM Mud Terrains on stock steal wheels (yes, I know they are small for the lift, but thats how I bought it.....clears them just fine with no triming)
New exhaust manifold
Front drive shaft out of TJ cut down to proper length with cv joint and all new joints.
New Thermostat
New waterpump

Alright, now for the bad things....the previous owner took the dash out and put it back, but forgot to reinstall the defrost ducts, which are laying the back of the jeep. Also he told me the heater core was pluged up, so he removed it?? He included another heater core in the jeep, but I don't know if it is the right one or if it fits, Also the blower motor and housing are laying in the back of the jeep. The heater controls are missing. He also cobbled up the closed loop cooling system where the heater core was, and the bottle was cracked so I just chucked the bottle and related hoses, and installed a Moroso inline radiator cap and overflow bottle. The VSS is not connected, so I have to manually shift the tranny from low as I drive, there are various wires and switchs for lights etc....that need to be deleated or fixed. They removed the mechanical fan and origonal electric and installed an aftermarket electric fan. The rubber air tube has cracks and splits in it, However a brand new in the box Rusty's KN filter and adapter comes with the jeep. The Throttle body appears to be rebuilt witha new tps, ut I don't think its adjusted right as the motor runs and drives, but it seems to idle too high and has a few issues, there are many vacum lines that have been pluged and rerouted, so I would say that could be fixed if someone new where they were supposed to go. The headliner is falling, the seats are leather and have some cracks there is a dent on the top of the passenger front fender and hood, not too big, but noticable.

I will get some pictures tomarrow....I think I've told everything I know about it, if I don't sell it, I may part it out, but this would make a great donor vehicle to someone with a stock jeep. Also, the lift and tires were installed last fall, it was never offroad since then as it did not have a front driveshaft till I had one built and installed last month, and have never left my neighborhood with it.

$2000

Thanks,
Justin Ray

well, so far every response or pm I've gotton has been for parting it out....thats just alot of hassle, so I'll give it another day or so, I'll have pictures tomarrow, maybe that'll help.

But, if all else fails, I recon I'll part her out.

Brent, Did I talk to you in the store? I talk to so many people about wheelin and jeeps I can't remember other than faces.

Justin

I wish you were closer. :(

as promised, here are the photos:
f6fed7a6.jpg

f6fed7b1.jpg

f6fed7a0.jpg

f6fed7ac.jpg

f6fed7a4.jpg

f6fed7aa.jpg

f6fed7a8.jpg

f6fed79f.jpg

f6fed7a7.jpg

f6fed7a2.jpg

f6fed7af.jpg

Last edited:
Is it still for sale? and if it is how set are you on the price? I can swing $1500 and you can sell the D44 to some one if you want. I live in nashville so transporting it wont be a problem. thanks... my email is Bolognablake @ gmail .com

Last edited:
Back