• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8 inch lift help

xjcat said:
I have a Long Arm Upgrade here in Canada for sale 220 USD +shipping

Fred H
Truch Stuff

Wil Badger said:
Cheap and long arm just don't go hand in hand.look to spend an easy grand just for the front suspension.your best bet is to drop it back down to exeptable levels.4 or 5 inches.any more than that and you need drop brackets.really even at 5 inches you are pushing it with out drop down brackets

ya get what ya pay for :wierd:

well that isn't a good question to ask you are going to have some people pick you setup apart.

i'll start.

1.they do make longer shocks
2.they also make longer brake lines
3.your upper control arm is at a bad angle

Wil Badger said:
well that isn't a good question to ask you are going to have some people pick you setup apart.

i'll start.

Agreed 100%, your setup doesn't look healthy. Why did you fab those brackets for the shocks/brake lines?, to save some $$$?? You should buy a decent long arm setup.

Just my 2 cents

Wil Badger said:

i'll start.

I'm not an expert of suspensions like Crash (URF), Brett, etc, but why not get longer shocks, brake lines, and upper control arms. This isn't a true Long Arm setup with a adj upper control arm coming of a "Lower Long Arm", your "Long Arm" looks alot like that used in the rear of ZJs with Long Arms, but they you have upper arms of somewhat similar length. This looks very dangerous and needs some help quick. Get a true Long Arm or get some drop brackets and get a normal aftermarket tubular lower control arm. Your lower arm might actually be o.k., but your upper arm is screaming for mercy.
Your steering and track bar also look like they have issues. You'd do yourself a big favor by dropping your lift down 2-4" as well. This will really help and match your tire size and give you a much better COG.

You are asking for trouble if you think you can save $ with the lift you got, it will cost you alot more in the end, maybe even your life and others. :mad:

Troy

Last edited:
Don't know about the set-up....but don't you get nosebleeds way up there and the cost oxygen must be killin' ya....lol..........it looks nice,how's it ride?

xjcat said:
I have a Long Arm Upgrade here in Canada for sale 220 USD +shipping
weld on kit, no bushings, will take stock bushings

Fred H
Truch Stuff

I just noticed something.....are you actually selling this kit?

CRASH

CRASH said:
I just noticed something.....are you actually selling this kit?

CRASH

I believe he is

here I fixed it up for ya just a little

22306515043.jpg
:lecture:

Last edited:
VegasAnthony said:
I believe he is

here I fixed it up for ya just a little

22306515043.jpg
:lecture:

Wow, it looks much better, now if we could just fix up the brake lines, then I think we're in business. :laugh3:

I appreciate all of your input,
The upper arms i'm going to attach them to the lower arms tomorrow weather permitting,
The Shocks are temp tell a friend sells me his,
As for the brake lines i never looked in to longer flex lines, was easyer and cheaper for me to drop the steel line and make a bracket.

The LA upgrade kit that i have is not the highest quality in looks but its strong (SCH80 pipe, 1/4 inch Plates, 1-1/4" hardend treaded rod) and it works good, i only have 1 out of 5 left all sold locally here in Newfoundland

I'll post pic's of the arms tomorrow with them mounted to the lowers

Fred H

xjcat said:
I appreciate all of your input,
The upper arms i'm going to attach them to the lower arms tomorrow weather permitting,
The Shocks are temp tell a friend sells me his,
As for the brake lines i never looked in to longer flex lines, was easyer and cheaper for me to drop the steel line and make a bracket.

The LA upgrade kit that i have is not the highest quality in looks but its strong (SCH80 pipe, 1/4 inch Plates, 1-1/4" hardend treaded rod) and it works good, i only have 1 out of 5 left all sold locally here in Newfoundland

I'll post pic's of the arms tomorrow with them mounted to the lowers

Fred H

You need to also box the back of your brackets, those tabs will fold over on contact with rocks.

I won't get into your steering, I'll presume you know that the geometry is horrible and needs help.

CRASH

CRASH said:
I won't get into your steering, I'll presume you know that the geometry is horrible and needs help.

CRASH

.. go into it, I want to see where the conversation would go. ;)

I'm hoping a drop pitman arm fixes the steep angle of the Drag link and Tie rod

The mounts for the long arms are getting boxed, the two mounts are getting tied togetter with 1-1/2 square pipe.

Fred H

xjcat said:
I'm hoping a drop pitman arm fixes the steep angle of the Drag link and Tie rod

The mounts for the long arms are getting boxed, the two mounts are getting tied togetter with 1-1/2 square pipe.

Fred H
now you are gettin somewhere

might as well make the upper adjustable while your at it

Wil Badger said:
using pipe for those arms ,man do they not sell DOM tube up there.

SCH 80 is not as strong as DOM i know but given that i'm not driving a Tank on it, it sould hole up to the hardest ride a Jeep or any mid/full sized truck in any off road situation you get yourself into.

DOM is over kill and over priced

Fred H

Back