• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 driveshaft question

alex22 said:
There is one in CO not sure how far it is away from you
http://www.fleetpride.com/fp_p/branch.html
My local NAPA could not find one in their computer, possibly because Spicer stoped casting the 2-2-xxxx parts so it has a different part number. The guys at fleetpride were able to search for a new part number. Also, Tom woods has the pieces in stock.

~Alex

That one is in comerce city which is like 6 or 7 hours south of me I think. I'm going to hopefully order my RE 5.5" LA today and depending on the price of the SYE kit i'm looking at and if it comes with the DS or not, I will go with the TW shaft and talk to them about it.

I will concur with the others that the 8.25" uses 1310 u-joints. I'm parting out a '96 XJ right now, and the 8.25" used the 1310 joints.

Sorry for the misinformation earlier
:wave1:

You can also call up Tom Woods, he keeps them in stock, I forgot how much he charges.

~Alex

1310 I put an 8.8 with 3.55's Aussie Locker, and used a stock XJ driveshaft. If you use the Exploer flange you need an addapter U-loint (1310-1330) because the 95 up Explorer used the 1330. At 4" or less if you get the pinion angle right you can get by withought a different driveshaft. I have the Spicer part # for both the 1310 and 1330 flange somewhere....

99XJLove said:
Looks like they only make them for a 1350 joint, and I will be runing a stock replacement cv shaft so they will be 1310 joints. Good link though.
I got one from them for the 1310. Try calling them. I'll look through my reciepts and see if I can find the P/N.

EDIT: PY-8.8-1310, this is a 30 spline count.

Last edited:
99XJLove said:
Now I'm starting to get confused! My jeep has a D35 rear, and to be honest with you here in my town I work at a lube center that averages 80-100 vehicles per day, I have yet to see a 8.25 rear in a jeep. I even double checked a 01 limited the other day and it had the D35 under it. But anyways what u-joint does the 4.0L AX-15 231 D35 come with? If you know please help me out. I will probably just run the companion flange. If that will work?
SHOULD BE A 1310

Slight hijack, but as I'm planning this all out I gotta make sure I know what I'm doing... or which parts I'm buying for somebody else to set up correctly...
PORC SYE works with an XJ Front driveshaft. Front shaft uses 1310 joints, which can be used on an 8.8 with help from a MORE companion flange or which currie makes a true yoke for, in their ford 9" line - which works because currie 9" is based on the 8.8" pinion. Correct so far?

yossarian19 said:
Slight hijack, but as I'm planning this all out I gotta make sure I know what I'm doing... or which parts I'm buying for somebody else to set up correctly...
PORC SYE works with an XJ Front driveshaft. Front shaft uses 1310 joints, which can be used on an 8.8 with help from a MORE companion flange or which currie makes a true yoke for, in their ford 9" line - which works because currie 9" is based on the 8.8" pinion. Correct so far?
Correct except that I'm not sure Currie offers a true yoke. They didn't a couple of years ago when I did mine.

I called up Napa and cross reference spicer 2-2-1310 if I remember right when i got my flange.

2-2-1369 i think... or 1379, one of the two, not 1310.

99XJLove said:
Looks like they only make them for a 1350 joint, and I will be runing a stock replacement cv shaft so they will be 1310 joints. Good link though.

I emailed ields.com - they don't list it on their site but they do claim to make a true u-bolt 1310 yoke for the 8.8 that they sell at 65$

X2 on Mr. Wood. Keep the other junk for trail spares.

Back