• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 c clip eliminators

... good point :dunce:

because i dont trust the c clip i would like to put eliminators on it i dont want to go to 8.8 just cant bring my self to put ford parts in my rig

i've never heard of a c clip eliminator for the 8.25 anyway. you'll snap the shaft before you screw up anything to do with the c-clip.

You may find the lack of info about a c-clip eliminator for an 8.25 is because they do not break all that often, I am not sure any one even makes one. Other things will break before that does anyway.

correct me if im wrong but aint 8.8's c clip axles too
Yes. Wish I could take some pics.

However, if you get one with disc brakes, the shafts will stay in, at least for a little while.

because i dont trust the c clip i would like to put eliminators on it i dont want to go to 8.8 just cant bring my self to put ford parts in my rig
'

Why? Thats the only good thing they make! :doh:

Yeah, definitely not for any significant length of time. But to get to a flat spot and change out the shaft? I think I would, unless it was something very likely to pull the shaft out, like a badly sloped rock or something.

Yeah the 8.8 axel is the axle i have on my Ranger its a great axle. Also if you were to get a 8.8 get one off of a Explorer they are 31 sline with disks where as the Ranger is 28 spline unless its an FX4 or Level II. Also some mustangs are 28 spline some are 31

I have an 8.25 with an aftermarket disk brake kit. I am currently installing an ox locker, but ran into a prob where I cannot open the locker up to put in the C-clips like the manual says to. I put a 4.56 ring gear on and it is too thick to allow the center shaft to fall out, let alone the dowel plate that holds the shaft in. It seems that the ox is designed for maybe thin ring gears. I can only come up with trimming the insides of a few teeth. I am thinking I should convert my 8.25 into a full float axle with an eliminator kit. I anticipate that the plates that hold the new bearings might not fit inside the disk brake kit's drum parking brake set up. It looks pretty tight in there.
Any advice?
Thanks. :hang: I think ox hung me out to dry.

Very common to going down a couple teeth, you don't need much

I have a 8.8" with the Yukon c clip eliminators. I needed better than stock shafts and like knowing that when I do break one I can still limp it off the trail without a shaft walking out.

So I've read(no way to confirm) that libertys and commanders 8.25 are semi float(not sure about liberty but I know I've read commanders supposedly are) so no C-clip. if this was true, I wonder how interchangeable the parts are? Food for thought

commanders has a semi float 44a, not sure about the liberty's but it sounds like a l lot of pointless work when you could just swap in a 8.8'' with way more after market or a 44 or 9" or tons...

commanders has a semi float 44a

FYI, Commanders (and similar year Grands) use only 2 versions on the 8 1/4. The one in the Quadra Drive 2 is elongated due to an electric diff, but it is still an 8 1/4.

--Matt

Back