• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 - Best Lunchbox Locker?? Opinions Needed!!

Yup...

Drunk tank said:
Do you even have to take the tires off on a noslip install?
Nope,just the axles!

how is an aussie different from a no slip?

I've had the no slip in mine for 2 years...no probs....I have worn out the R&P...but thats a different story, not related to the no-slip...I'll replace the springs in mine when I replace the R&P.

Timber said:
This is the best regular price I've seen. $365 in a 29-spline 8.25 with an open carrier. http://www.rocky-road.com/xjdrive.html
i'll second that for the best price, although i got mine shipped straight from powertrax and the parts were all just thrown into the box. works fine and everything was there though. powertrax fault though, as it was directly sent from them

I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in, even though the origial post is a month old :)

As far as the Aussie is concerned, I know there are plans to produce a 29 spline 8.25. I was listening to a conversation Bill, the owner of Aussie, had with a few friends about this about a week ago. I can't remember details though. Since it didn't apply to me, I wasn't taking notes :)

Also accorrding to Bill, the Aussie has much tighter tolerances and more material where possible(stronger) than a lock-right. I can't confirm nor deny this, but since I don't personally know anyone with an aussie who has been dissapointed with the quality/precision, I assume it to be true. It is supposedly this level of precision and high tolerances that help keep it quiet on the road. Also given that it'll probably be a fraction the cost of a no-slip, it may be worth giving Aussie a call to find out more info on when it may hit the markets.

Back