• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

78 HP44 with radius arms and seats

moparmansfield

NAXJA Forum User
1978 Bronco Dana HP44 3.05 gears, disc brakes. all cleaned up and ready to go. gears look good. no uneven wear. comes with steering, tracbar, radius arms. I have decided on a different route for my ZJ. $250 OBO

Seats out of my Comanche. one seat is in great condition, one needs a little bit of upholstery work. no seat brackets. $50 for both. they are the sport bucket ones. ill get some pics up soon.

whats the condition of the ball joints, hub bearings, spindles, and brakes on that hp44?

whats the condition of the ball joints, hub bearings, spindles, and brakes on that hp44?

I haven't had the axle on the road. But it was on a stock bronco. The rotors look great, pads around 40% life left. Everything spins pretty nice and the ball joints don't look bad. I can't say its 100%, but it seems solid. I would say a caliper rebuild wouldn't be a bad idea, just for safteys sake. The axle is complete, hubs are together and turn how they should.

Any play in the knuckle/ball joints? what about play in the hubs? Any noticable wear on the spindles?

70s thunderbird calipers are a huge upgrade and are dirt cheap(20$ each anywhere) and custom 7/16 brake lines can be made locally by any line shop for a good price.

Last edited:
I guess I can pry against the knuckles to see if they have any play. I haven't taken the hubs apart or anything.

it would be a killer cheap upgrade for an auto XJ with 3.55s , slap a lock right in there and slap some brackets on it and wheel it! You can get chromos for it for 375$ shipped....

Bumping this back up. Need to make some space in the garage. $200 for the axle and the one good seat is free. Tossed the bad seat.

You can modify Ford Radius arms and make a killer front full width for cheap. I wristed mine and have run it for about 10 years. I love it.

Back