• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.0 with harness and comp $800 in CT

sardo_67

NAXJA Forum User
2001 chevy 2500 was rotted and beat up with only 114k on it. Motor is pulled, complete with UNCUT harness, comp, sensors, intake, fan, and converter.
$800 picked up near Watertown CT

80A8CFEC-BF48-4E8D-9987-D8AB6D612430_zpshyfathcv.jpg

Will NOT include power steering pump and alternator.

If I sold my 4.8 after, this would be hella cheap for the power upgrade....

It's an LQ4. Came out of a 2001 Chevy 2500 4x4 pick up use by a small time landscaper with 114k on it. The body was rough and it got rid of it for a newer model. I needed a 4l80e and the guy was pulling the entire drive line so I made him an offer on the entire thing and kept the tranny and Tcase. I drove the truck around before he pulled it and it was fine, flex plate is broken though.

I have a 5.3 that being built up for 500+HP so I don't need the 6.0 I have here.

Shown here http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1094425&page=32

I tried to talk the wife into this last night, I failed

Miserably

Apparently "but but but...LS power"

Is not a valid argument

Me: The 6.0 is 25% bigger than the 4.8 we've got in the '57.
Wife: You said the engine you've got in there is already too fast for the steering.
Me: With a longer stroke and wider bore, it makes better torque for towing as well as 1/4 mile runs.
Wife: It doesn't have a trailer hitch on it and making a truck faster is dumb.
Me: with a cam, intake & heads I'd be looking at 500+ HP, easy, and run in the 12s
Wife: What are you cooking for dinner?

Does that sound like a "yes"?

I'm going to pass, qualified with "for the moment". Holidays & insurance first, y'know?

Back