• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4" w/ 34 ltb's ?

andyxj

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone running 34 ltb's, and if so, how much lift and how much clearance with that lift do you have for wheel travel? I'm wanting to keep my cherokee low, possibly 4 inches, and still clear a 33, but would rather clear a 34. If you have any pictures, that would also be handy.

100_0438.jpg

35's on 4"

good choice on running big tires and keep it low.

everyone tells me that I should go taller, but the less likely chance to roll over is worth having to scrape my skids over a few rocks.

I'm running a 34x9.5 on 15x8's with 3.75" backspacing on 3"
Mind you I can open my rear wheel wells up a lot more since I don't have a door there.
Here's the picture thread.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103321
I rather like low and wide, it feels stable, and once I get my rock rails back on I have no fear of sliding over things.
Low lift wheeling rocks.

i run that tire with around 4-5" and with generous cutting it is fine. good tire offroad too.

FWIW, I ran 33x10.5 TSL's on factory wheels with about 3.5-4" of worn out lift. I rubbed a little so I trimed out about 1.5" to clear them. I could fit 34's with just a bit more trimming.

No lift and 33's Well, with the worn out stock leafs, the rear is at negative 1" or more... Ran Barrett wtih this setup, and drug all over the place...

2862.jpg

I was not happy with how often I drug the frame on the rocks, and with the altered steering, I needed some space up front, so I ended up lifting it around 3", and I like it better there...

The picture isn't as good, but you can see the difference...

2982.jpg

I raised the crossmember, clocked the t-case, rerouted exhaust, etc to get a flat belly, which helps make up for the lack of lift...

Back