• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 link revisions

myjeepsbigger

NAXJA Forum User
Did a bunch of work to the buggy recently (D60 front/10.25 rear) and had to lift it about another 4 inches to make room for the 39.5 Iroks....I was a little concerned that it would goof up my rear geometry a bit. But it looks like things should be pretty good, still. Got measurements last night and plugged them in to the calc. Good high roll center with a 1* slope and the AS is still pretty neutral. I run a center limit, too...so should still climb well under throttle without having to worry about hop.

4linkscreenshot.jpg

where did/do you get the link calc.?

ashmanjeepxj said:
are you really 101in Wheel base?

I would mount the lowers higher on the axle end and and also raise the uppers at the axle end.

Can you make the frame end of the upper links higher and longer further forward?

Got this from "Triaged "
Excel 4-link calculator

Yes.

Why is that? Then I would have my lowers above the rear axle centerline.

Nope. They're as long as they can be right now...right up against the tubing. I could raise them, but don't really want to because I liked the way it worked before....and I'm going to try it just like it is first.

Back