• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 and stroker sound clips

Yeah, I was getting ready to say, "ooh, did he fix the links on his site for the sound clips?"
Then I visit the site, and nope :(

You probably just have spyware/adware installed on your computer. Download SpyBot or Ad-Aware, remove the junk, then install Mozilla FireFox.

Alademuerte said:
You probably just have spyware/adware installed on your computer. Download SpyBot or Ad-Aware, remove the junk, then install Mozilla FireFox.

thanks, You got me to look and turned my pop up blocker one. forgot i had turned it of so that i could see some pop ups that i wanted.

just showed the ERROR and File not found!

now:yelclap:

jeepinwi said:
Dino-
I get a message "file not found" when I click on the links for your sound clips.

It seems the Savefile server went belly up last year and the files were lost. I'll have to upload them again to their new server.

jeepinwi said:
So are my links working or not? They work when I click on them, even from another computer.

Your links are working just fine!:thumbup:

As I told BBeach in a PM, that whining noise is probably from the Kenne Bell Supercharger I forgot to mention.

Whoever wants to raise the BS flag first on that statement wins a prize! I'm not sure what the whining noise is. I've never noticed it while driving.

It soundsl the same noise as if you are driving in 4LO above 5mph or so. It sounds good though. And a supercharged stroker on a stock exhaust....thats gonna be a lot of backpressure.

sound like to me, it just the sound of your fresh air intake, or aftermarket intake(air filter).......and it sound good.:)

is your rig basically stock height with stock size wheels and tires? do you have a an acceleration clip where you are really getting on it, like takin it up close to redline?

Yes, stock ride height and 225/70/15 tires. I haven't really revved it past 4500 rpm's yet because I am running the stock valve springs with a higher lift Crane cam. This has lowered my safe redline to roughy 4800 rpm's, but I'm not absolutely positive where I'll start running into problems with floating the valves.

Last edited:
There's only one way to find out if the valves will float at 4800 and that's to rev the engine that high. If it does happen, the engine will lose power so all you need to do is back off.
I've run my stroker past 5000 with the stock cam and valve springs.

Dr. Dyno said:
There's only one way to find out if the valves will float at 4800 and that's to rev the engine that high. If it does happen, the engine will lose power so all you need to do is back off.
I've run my stroker past 5000 with the stock cam and valve springs.

If that's the case, I was racing a newer(2000) V6 Camaro a few days ago, and I was pulling ahead of him pretty good in 2nd gear when it felt like I began losing power at roughly 4500-4700 rpm's. That was ok since I kept pulling ahead of him in 3rd gear.:greensmok

Back