• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3rd Annual South End Christmas Tree Run Dec 12th, 2009

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
Just an announcement to so you can put this on your calendar, December 12th we'll meet at the Estacada Ranger Station in Estacada and run up to Goat Mountain to play in the snow and get Christams Trees.
4x4 required..

2116716482_ccf98a63be.jpg

anybody ever get a tree? a tree that actually turns out good when setup in the house?

Where`s this tree run at? Oregon it sounds like. Do we have our own tree run. Let`s get this going in our neck of the woods. We can run up the 70 or 72 road?

I've gotten trees. They aren't always great but this year, I'm bringing along my roommate(s) and they'll get to worry about the tree. I'm always distracted by driving... :D

anybody ever get a tree? a tree that actually turns out good when setup in the house?

My family and I like the noble fir. They are the ones that have separate levels like plates on a stick. I was up there today scouting for some but they only grow above 2500 feet in the wild. So most likely by Dec 12th they will be snowed in for me only running 30" Swampers.

I will be in never the less since I live so close.

Last two years We've made it clear to the summit 4000+ including at least two each year running completly stock. You should be fine

Has anybody been up there recently? I got a report that the lower gate on the approach to the summit is closed (barely off pavement)

Is that the one going to the towers? If so yes/no. I was up there Sunday they were both open to the cell towers and to the lake. I drove the one to the lake had to go threw a couple tank traps (not that bad quads flattened them down a bunch) messed around for a bit and came back down and the gate to the towers was locked again. I was the only one up there that I know of so who ever locked the gate left mine open to let me out.

I've gotten severa more reports that the gates are closed to the summit.
If that's the case, I'm thinking maybe we'll head for South Fork mountain....
Or something. We'll have snow to play in anyway

yes the gates are closed. Within the next five to ten years they are going to close all of the roads up there except the main road going up there and the road to colton. Also the forest service is going to start patrolling up there starting the first of the year and i heard they got 10 brand new sleds.:doh: but i will b there.:roll:

Back