• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

350xj's Front Leaf Spring Build-up pics

350xj4x4 said:
Just a thought, there isn't a difference with the mountings between 1/2 and 3/4-ton is there?

Thanks,
~Charlie

no real difference, my friend but 3/4 ton axles under his K5 to replace the 1/2 ton axles, it was a bolt in deal. A 14bolt rear is basically indestructable, however you pay for it with the loss of clearance and you don't gain any strength up front.

BrettM said:
A 14bolt rear is basically indestructable, however you pay for it with the loss of clearance and you don't gain any strength up front.

In that case I'll probably just go with the 1/2 tons for now until I need to go bigger or until I get 35's under there.

For the update, I've got it rolling. I want to get the steering attached before I tow it anywhere but just thought I'd get you all informed. I'll have pics when I'm not too tired...

News:
I got my cherokee out of the garage finally. I don't have any pictures yet, the only time I've had to take them are between jobs and when it's too dark so this weekend I'll try. It's up on all fours right now in the drive way waiting to be towed away to another shop where I can strengthen up the unibody...and probably a lot of other work like that. Who knows, if I have enough energy (and metal) I'll try and go the exo-skeleton route. That's all for now.
Pics soon
~Charlie

Back