• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's rubbing on LCA

Did you hit on the factory fenders when you flexed up.:rof:I am getting ready to order wheel and tire combo and was just feeling out what worked and what did not. I would like to go with 33-32 and 10.50-11.50, but I really did not want to cut on the body just yet.:explosion I figured I would go with a BS of 4" since factory they are 5.25". I don't want to hang the tire out and burn out bearings.

Well in order to run my 33s i had to cut the fenders and put on some bushwackers otherwise yes I absolutely would be eating the fender without trimming. Don't worry about burning out the bearings. Sticking the tires out more won't put that much extra stress on the bearings to be THAT concerned about it.

got my cragar d windows for $211 shipped to my door (summit racing)
4.25 backspace because I wanted my tires nice and tight to the jeep.. Can turn to full lock and that extra inch each tire sticks out makes the heep ride way nice in turns and such. I swear it feels nicer mebbe I'm just nuts .... Like the extra stability enough I'd prolly get 4" b.s. If I did it again as my tire is out of front wheel well now anyway

I'm on 31x10.50 bfg a/t's with plans for 33 x10.50
finding what b.s. You need by lift height doesn't make sense the width of tire is main issue tire heighth is a factor too but width is main issue.. Now tire height vs lift might give you a starting point for bumpstopping though

also at 2 to 2 an a half " I'm pretty shure you'll be cutting for 33's or excessive bumpstopping to keep it out of your fenders.. I'm on 4 to 4.5 and had to bumpstop a little to keep my 31's from cramming into the top of the wheel well. And now that my tires stick out a bit I'm shure I'll have to trim or do more bumpstop to keep it from cramming into fender. I'll definitely be trimming for my 33's and using as little bump as I can while keeping tires from contacting the vehicle but that's a while from now as I will regear before 33's as well. And why not lock while regearing to save $ . Ya it'll b awhile before I get the funds for that lol

Last edited:
Back