• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's fit with 2 inch lift?

I'd do a search... :paperwork ...some guys do it, some guys won't. Some guys rub a lot, some guys just a little. Everyone's experience is different.

I had a 2" budget lift with 31`s on stock 7" sport wheels. Rubbed in back under compression,rubbed in front on LCA`s when turned. Go 30`s or lift it.

Fahey, I have the sawzall. Go with the 30's if you dont mind hearing the rub in woods. The rims I sold you should keep you from hitting the LCA's if you go with the 31's. But I dont even know why I'm posting this, I'll talk to you tonight anyways.

31's will fit with a 2" lift, but you will probably rub a little bit unless you do some fender trimming. I had 31s with a 2" OME lift and some mild fender trimming and the only place i rubbed was the lower control arm at a full left hand turn...but that was due to rim backspacing...not the lift.

Jeffro600 said:
31's will fit with a 2" lift, but you will probably rub a little bit unless you do some fender trimming. I had 31s with a 2" OME lift and some mild fender trimming and the only place i rubbed was the lower control arm at a full left hand turn...but that was due to rim backspacing...not the lift.
A little? You must have not flexed the front too much then. I had 3.5" and I rubbed a LOT with a fair amount of trimming. Then I trimmed it more and put TJ flares up front: metal shears, sawzall, grinder rock :D

Kejtar said:
A little? You must have not flexed the front too much then. I had 3.5" and I rubbed a LOT with a fair amount of trimming. Then I trimmed it more and put TJ flares up front: metal shears, sawzall, grinder rock :D

Granted that was really more like 2.5-3 inches, but was advertised as a 2" lift. With the swaybar connected, it NEVER rubbed, even with the fenders not trimmed. With them disconnected, when you would flex it fairly hard, it would....hence the reason i trimmed and removed the flairs and the plastic front fenderwells all together.

If your at 3.5+ inches and your rubbing with 31's, youve definetly got some more trimming to do! :laugh3:

i have 2 inch bb and zj coils in the front disconnected and run 32 tls and no rub , oh ya i dont have much of a fender left either

Anyone should be able to run 31s with 2" of lift. You just need to pay some attention to the bump stops, that will limit your suspension compression a little but keep you from rubbing.
Ive said it before, if youve got a flexy suspension, arent bottoming your shocks and are discoed, you will rub with 31s no matter how much lift you have (within reason). Just throw some extended bumstops on, if you dont want to trim, you will probably need them if you go up to 3-4" anyway.

Hell, I run 34" LTB's on a 2" BB. My fenders are pretty much into the hacked stage and the rear is just cut and folded. I have no bumpstops or swaybars. The tires do rub some on the inner fender in front and they stuff very well in the back, but there is some rubbing going on there too. I run 31" A/Ts on the road and have ZERO problems stuffing those.

Back