• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31"x10.5 on a 3" lift and stock wheels.. OK?

philip_g said:
Huh. My stops must be jacked up because I rub with the tires I have now.

On stock wheels? Turned to lock and completely tucked, it just rubs the plastic on the flare, but no actual contact -- on the back, without anit-swaybar, I have a 2nd tire loose ground contact before I come close to rubbing...

Of course, I'm running Kelleys -- they appear wide -- may be that they're short -- never measured to make sure the actual height of the tire...

Blaine B. said:
My 235's would rub control arms at full lock.

The 30's do too. Just barely. It's not enough to seriously consider adjusting the steer stops :)

I THINK the tires on this thing are 265/75 but I'd have to check, so I'm sure they're a little wide, but it sticks a little at full lock, never have looked to see though. You can tell I care :)

Last edited:
moparmatt said:
Affirmative

Running that set-up right now.

Yep and here it is
m2035.jpg

been running that on the DD for two years. the kumho's rub on ca's at full lock. but at full lock you should be going slow enough to not cause any harm.

fizassist said:
Yep my 31x10.5 BFG TAs rubbed a bit with my 3" OME+DPG lift. I tweaked the steering stops a tiny bit to avoid that.

That's one possibility, also if i'm not mistaken, I believe Rusty's makes a special LCA that doesn't get in the way for this set up.

But it's only at full lock, I can live with that. Either not make full lock turns, or if I do, I shouldn't be going very fast to do any damage anyways....

31x10.50 MTR on 15x7 wheel...Upfront I have 3.5 RE superflex and DakPak out back. I am also flairless so that opened up the wheel wells a bit.

I rub a bit on the LCA at fulll lock It is not alot it just lets me know that I am turning as sharp as I can.

I have one set of rub marks on the inside of the rear wheel well of one side.
I think i hit my bump stop very hard to get that. There was no rubbing on the outside rear fender. It is just a swirl mark that matches a 31 inch tire.

flexn_Oct2005.JPG

P9040001.JPG

flexn_Oct2005_2.jPG

P9040009.JPG

Blaine B. said:
Dude, the hijack seems to be in a spot where it can go through the windshield if you were involved in a head-on...

It is on there pretty good. There are 2 -7/16 bolts through the hood. It is backed by 1/4x1-1/2x8 hot rolled.

In a head-on or rear-end accident that knocks it off ... I have a pretty big problem and not just with the jack comming off the hood.

Jeep sees about 2000 road miles per year. mostly too and from trail heads. Not that it is impossible.. Just not likely.

Jeff

Last edited:
Blaine B. said:
Dunno what I was thinking.

Plausible, says Adam and Jamie?

I love that show.. And I did see the one with the objects in the rear deck of a car...The hatchet was killer. but we do digress...

Back on topic.... 31x10.50 on stock rims with 3 to 3-1/2 inches of lift

Last edited:
Blaine B. said:
LOL, damn, haven't seen that one......

YouTube?

Back on topic, starting now.

Yea... the myth was will a tissue box on the back deck of a car kill you when it comes off the deck in a head on collision. They did tissue box, hammer, hatchet, bowling ball, and some other stuff. The bowling ball broke the rig... in Mythbuster fashion.

fizassist said:
Yep my 31x10.5 BFG TAs rubbed a bit with my 3" OME+DPG lift. I tweaked the steering stops a tiny bit to avoid that.

What does a OME/DPG lift consist of?

Here's my OME+spacer & shackle lift. About 4". The stock rims were rubbing so I installed 1.25" wheel spacers to get an effective 4" backspacing. Working perfectly now, no rubbing on lower control arms with small turning circle.

KTB20033_800x600.jpg

Back