• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 link front with stock arm locations on the body?

No i didnt get a chance to build a 100% new mount like id wanted - time was running low and I had a tard run to attend...

I welded them in with flux core... just shoved the mig gun in the hole and pulled the trigger, wigled it around a little bit and called it good...

same thing on the inner frame plate...

the theory is that the side that is next to the frame takes the load, and the engine side of the mount just keeps the bolt from moving around too much and puts it in double shear...

some attention has been called to the 10mm bolt being all that holds my front end on, so I'll likely swap to a 2" mounting width heim with a 1/2" or 9/16" bolt on the frame side, and re-do that axle side AGAIN to get rid of that weak link... maybe... if i have time and energy to do that.

XJ_ranger said:
some attention has been called to the 10mm bolt being all that holds my front end on,

So what's wrong with that?

Every time a break one of them, it's the stocker guys to the rescue.

:D

--ron

So what's the best, smallest hard joint you can use for uppers that still uses a large enough bolt? I wanted a small RE SF joint on mine, but decided against it because of the 10mm bolt, although I think the joint would be up to the task. The RK joint? A heim? Who makes super high quality heim joints worthy of using. After dismissing the small RE SF joint idea because of the 10mm bolt, I then planned on using a large JJ that use a 9/16" bolt, but that is one huge joint for the uppers, so I'm having second thoughts.

I used RE large SF joints (9/16 gr8 bolt)on every end of my 3 link front/4 link rear.
Now RE has a 3/4" SF joint avail.

Nothing works better.

Ahhh, the benefits of a 3 link turned into a disappearing 2 link. Or something like that.
P1010873.jpg

P1010872.jpg

vetteboy said:
Why couldn't you use a 5/8" heim?

I would reccomend a heim joint for the upper arm. I have one on my frame side now - and it works great! I kept the axle side small joint because I already have the mount. I carry a spare bolt, and worry about it, but dont worry so much that I dont wheel.

see this thread -
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=934580

Starboard M said:
Ahhh, the benefits of a 3 link turned into a disappearing 2 link. Or something like that.
P1010873.jpg

P1010872.jpg

I was wondering how this got resurrected.:eeks1:

Back